SCC Job Application and Recruitment Privacy Notice
Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Notice explains what personal data we collect from you and how we use it.
Important Information: Specialist Computer Centres plc (“SCC”) is a company registered in England under company number 01428210. Our registered office is James House, Warwick Road, Birmingham B11 2LE. For the purposes of data protection laws, we will be the data controller for certain personal data collected from you in the circumstances described below, and our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at Protect@scc.com, or on 0121 766 7000.
What information we collect
We collect information about you in order to assess your suitability for a job you have applied for / we have contacted you about.
- Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, phone number at the start of your application. This is used to identify you and progress your application.
- CV. Your CV will be used as part of the recruitment process to initially assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
- Interview Notes. If you are successful in acquiring an interview, we will take notes during your interview, and these will be added to your application file.
Why we process your information
Legitimate interest. When we process your information on this basis, we always make sure that we balance our interest in having the information with your rights and reasonable expectations.
What we do with your information
We process personal data about you to assess your suitability for a job you have applied for. All the information you provide during the process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application.
How we share your data
For the application and recruitment process, your information will only be shared with internal SCC HR and recruiting managers.
If the role you have applied has a requirement or connection to our Romania or Vietnam offices, colleagues from these offices will process your personal information. SCC UK has the appropriate safeguards in place, in this case ICO approved Standard Contractual Clauses, to ensure your personal data is safe and shared lawfully. If you wish for more information about the safeguards we have in place with Vietnam, please contact us on DPO@scc.com and we will be happy to discuss this with you in more detail.
How long we keep your information
If you are unsuccessful with your application, your personal information will be kept for 6 months, at which point it will be securely destroyed.
You have rights over how SCC use your data, and unless your request to exercise those rights is we will normally respond within one month of receipt of your request. Since we are processing your personal data under the Legitimate Interest lawful condition, as stated above, some of your Rights below are not engaged. Those have been greyed out for transparency.
- Access. You have a right to know whether we hold personal information about you. Where such is the case, you can request a copy of your personal data held, as well as information about how it is being used. However, please note that your right of access is subject to limits and we may not be able to provide you with all the requested information. Where this is the case, we will explain the reasons why. Your request will be responded to within one calendar month of receipt. Please note that we may require you to provide proof of identity before we are able to provide any information.
- Rectification. Where information held about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request its rectification or completion.
- Erasure. In certain circumstances, you may request your information to be erased (subject to conditions).
- Restriction. You have a right to ask us to restrict our use of your personal information in some circumstances, for example whilst we investigate a complaint that the data we hold about you is inaccurate (subject to conditions).
- Portability. In certain circumstances, you may request the movement, copy or transfer of your information (subject to conditions).
- Objection. You have a right to object to the use of your information. Additionally, where we have used your information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you can ask us to stop (subject to conditions).
Should you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at DPO@scc.com. You may also contact our DPO should you have any questions or concerns over how your personal data has been processed by SCC for your job application.
If you have contacted us with any concerns or questions, and are not satisfied with the response you receive, you are entitled to contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) the Regulator for Data Protection in the UK. They can be contacted on the below details.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Updates to this privacy notice