Role: Business Development - Public Sector – Education (North UK)
Location: North UK
Salary Package: Strong basic salary (neg.), OTE £100K +, Car and Strong Benefits
SCC is Europe's largest privately-owned IT business, based out of the new £7m HQ office in Birmingham and we help clients succeed through IT transformation and exceptional customer experiences. We are a business where innovation is greater as we combine unique ideas, people and disciplines. We are a global company that is passionate about IT and where we look to simplify the complex.
We have a strategy focused on developing our presence across the UK, with our extensive and broad product & service portfolio, encompassing hybrid infrastructure, digital workplace, cyber security and public cloud.
You will be joining a highly collaborative direct sales team and will play a key role in helping us execute against this plan, developing opportunities with new clients within the central government public sector.
- Perform structured customer profiling and build a plan to methodically reach out to key prospects containing multiple engagement strategies and have a timeline for execution
- Form partnerships with peers in other areas of the business to create joint sales messaging
- Establish a strong network with key vendors to create teaming campaigns to accelerate customer campaigns
- Develop value-based relationships with senior stakeholders within key customer targets
- Present campaigns and opportunity analysis for management for review
- Provide commercial ownership across all stages of opportunities
- Provide leadership of virtual teams engaged on opportunities
- Maintain and manage a robust sales pipeline with accurate forecasting
- Achieve and exceed your annual margin target.
Key Skills & Experiences:
- Proven experience and success of IT sales across broad IT products and services
- Demonstrable background selling to the Education market
- Comfortable delivering complex IT Solutions to all levels of audience, especially with gravitas at ‘C’ suite
- Good knowledge of the IT Vendor community
- An inclusive workplace
- Excellent package: solid basic and company benefits
- Hybrid working in line with role requirements
- Career development and life-long learning opportunities
- Opportunity to join Europe's largest privately-owned IT Company
We are an equal opportunities employer
SCC is committed to providing equal opportunities and a proactive and inclusive approach to equality and diversity in employment. No applicant or employee will be treated less favourably than another on the grounds of a protected characteristic which are defined as sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender reassignment, trade union membership or non-membership, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race and religion or belief.