We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre services continues to grow both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our Birmingham Data Centre as a Messaging and Virtualisation Engineer.
The key objective of the role is the administration of the Virtualised and Citrix estates in an efficient and timely manner such that SLA targets are met and customers are satisfied. The Virtualisation Engineer will work within a team ensuring relationships with internal and external support teams to ensure impact to the customers’ business is minimal.
• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems to agreed service levels
• Managing incidents and problems appropriately within agreed service levels
• Creating and performing authorised changes to customer environments, attending CABs where necessary
• Perform root cause analysis on reoccurring incidents
• Assist engagement with projects to ensure design of technical solutions are in line with the requirements of the customer
• Act as a technical escalation point for major incidents related to the service delivery from the datacentre and customer sites
• Ensure technical documentation is completed and updated to professional standards
• Scheduled patching of Virtualised and Citrix environments as necessary
• Contribute to the continuous improvement programmes of all technology platforms across the datacentre
• Assist with acceptance into service into operational support for all new implementations and enhancements/upgrades
• Log calls with third party vendors (such as VMware, Microsoft or Citrix) and escalate when necessary
• Contributing to delivering team performance
• May be required to participate in an on-call Technical escalation process outside of UK Business
Attributes of Successful Candidate
• Determined, can-do attitude
• Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
• Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline intensive environment
• Excellent customer service and organisation skills
• General technical awareness of hardware and software desktop environments and corporate structures
• Professional and presentable at all times
Skills Knowledge & Experience
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a track record of working with a datacentre technology stack and an appreciation of support and service transition. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and able to handle work with multiple customers and projects. Candidate must have experience of working in a large solution provider with a rapidly expanding customer base.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience providing support to enterprise level clients
• Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents
• Experience in supporting of Messaging and Virtualisation technologies backed with practical experience in a corporate environment preferably serving customers.
• Detailed Technical knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, O365 applications (Teams, SharePoint, One Drive, Intune / Endpoint), Mail gateway technologies inc. O365 EOP, Mimecast, Forcepoint, Archiving solutions such as Symantec Enterprise Vault. Knowledge of SMTP security best practices.
• A strong background with Microsoft Windows server operating systems, Virtualisation technologies such as (vCenter, vSphere, ESXi, DRS, vMotion, HA, SRM, SCVMM, Hyper-V), core network, compute and storage technologies in large-scale deployments
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Appropriate certifications in core technology platforms (Citrix, MS, VMware and Hyper-V)
• Experience in supporting Citrix technologies such as (XenApp, XenDesktop, Netscaler, App-V, AppSense, CAG, CSG, EdgeSite, Director, PVS/MCS, Thin Clients)
• Powershell or Scripting knowledge
• Knowledge of incident management software such as service now.
• Knowledge of the change management process
• Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred
• ITIL qualification or awareness of the ITIL processes
• Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider