SCC – Specialist Computer Centres is the leading IT services organisation in Europe.
We have been established for over 40 years and have a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
Our business continues to grow creating an opportunity for a Software Sales Specialist -Public sector to join the team.
To build long-term strategic relationships with existing SCC customers, convincing them to invest in more of SCC’s licencing and software asset management offerings.
You are excited by the opportunity to add value to the customer, keen to share relevant insights and knowledge so the customer wants to meet with you. You build deep trust based on understanding what the customer wants to achieve professionally and personally.
You are clear on the customer’s priorities and these are reflected in account plans and prioritisation of time. You show strong understanding of the buying and budgeting process and you use this knowledge to build compelling commercial offers. You possess a systematic approach to building, expanding and deepening customer relationships. Your mindset enables you to balance the long and the short-term to maximise the lifetime value of the customer.
This role focusses on selling third-party licencing and software asset management. The successful candidate will have responsibility for growing revenues and profitability for SCC’s UK Sales Software department through effective account management.
- Achieve annual gross margin targets, as set by SCC at the outset of the financial year.
- Build and maintain a strong and accurate pipeline working with SCC’s Branch Teams, sufficient to achieve/exceed target.
- Build, then execute a Territory Plan to explain how you will maximise the return from the customers and product/solution whitespace in your territory.
- Manage every aspect of the sales cycle, from generated lead and customer engagement through to deal closure and handover to delivery.
- Qualify every opportunity using recognised tools, to ensure effort is only expended on deals with a strong likelihood of closure.
- Understand the competitive landscape you are operating in, be capable of positioning SCC to win by emphasising our differentiators.
- Contribute to the evolution of product/service roadmaps in your market, by identifying repeatable customer challenges that can be profitably addressed.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of other SCC products/services to support the generation of collaborative pipeline for other business units.
- Maximise revenue recognition by constructing optimal commercials terms.
- Maximises customer value - Understands customers and fosters a partnership to solve their problems, using our solutions and products to maximise value to the customer and to SCC.
- Challenges thinking - Uses deep market insight and fresh thinking to challenge customers to think differently and to take action.
- Acts with integrity – Approaches sales challenges in the ‘right way’, is fair, honest and always takes responsibility.
- Driven to win – Ambitious and action oriented. Is resilient, tenacious, positive and determined.
- Always improving – Constantly seeks and acts on feedback, learning and coaching in order to improve personal performance and results.
- Owns their target - Takes full ownership for achieving personal/team target. Is planned, rigorous and agile, shapes the task and makes it happen.
- Collaborative – Works well with internal teams to create and deliver joined up approaches to meet the customer’s requirements.
- High quality written and oral communication.
- Ability to travel in execution of role.
- Full UK driving licence, or equivalent.
- 3+ years sales experience.
- Proven track record of delivering growth.
- Experience of writing compelling responses to public sector tenders.
- Experience selling Software Licencing and Software Asset Management solutions.
- Experience of working with public sector clients desirable but not essential.
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.