SCC – Specialist Computer Centres is the leading IT services organisation in Europe.
We have been established for over 40 years and have a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
Our business continues to grow creating an additional opportunity to join the team.
A SAM/ITAM expert, experienced in delivering Software lifecycle services to end-customers and ensuring that tangible value is realised by clients.
This role combines SAM and software licensing expertise, with strong software lifecycle process skills, to help our customers understand and optimise the full Software lifecycle (Plan > Acquire > Deploy > Manage > Retire) across both on premises and cloud software deployments.
This role will also support the development and growth of Company’s Technology Services business (e.g. SAM, ITAM, Stakeholder Insights & Cloud Lifecycle services).
Software Licensing Consultancy:
Whilst not the primary function of a Software Lifecycle consultant the candidate will be expected to be able to perform the following tasks, with additional training where required:
• Produce Microsoft ELP’s and accurate licence positions for other Tier 1 vendors.
• Advise customers how to optimise current and future licence purchasing.
• Report on ROI savings achieved for customers.
• Review maturity of existing process against Company’s standard approach.
• High level review of interaction between organisational functions.
• Verify accuracy of data available within inventory sources – including bespoke applications.
• Assess completeness and accuracy of licensing contract databases.
• Produce Stakeholder Insights reporting from multiple data sources.
SAM strategy reviews:
• Alignment of SAM/ITAM to support business objectives.
• Define roadmap and plan for SAM functions.
• Identify quick wins, low risk and/or high impact opportunities.
• Deliver services in accordance with Company’s standards, within agreed timescales to the customer’s satisfaction.
• Support the implementation of new services which meet the needs of Company’s customer base.
• Promote Company’s Technology Services proposition and articulate value to customers in a pre-sales capacity
• Knowledge of software licensing models across a wide variety of vendors.
• Proven experience in SAM and supporting/implementing strategic SAM programs within client organisations.
• Problem solver, able to embrace new environments and identify root cause of issues.
• Strong communication skills and ability to articulate complex solutions in a customer facing environment.
• Strong analytical capabilities and a good working knowledge of Excel.
• Experience creating Microsoft and other Tier 1 Vendor Effective Licence Positions, to the standard required for vendor acceptance.
• Expertise with market leading SAM/ITAM toolset (e.g. Snow, Flexera)
• Commercially aware with the ability to promote Company’s Technology Services proposition.
• Established network of connections within SAM/ITAM industry