We are actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone
Role: ServiceNow Technical Consultant
Location: Birmingham (SCC operate a hybrid working policy giving you flexible working options)
Salary/Package: To £33,000 (DOE) plus company benefits and access to fantastic personal development opportunities
SCC is Europe's largest privately-owned IT business, based out of the new £7m HQ office in Birmingham and we help clients succeed through IT transformation and exceptional customer experiences. We are a business where innovation is greater as we combine unique ideas, people and disciplines. We are a global company that is passionate about IT and where we look to simplify the complex.
As our ServiceNow team continues to grow, we now have an opportunity to recruit into this key technical role, to provide a deep level of ServiceNow technical support and delivery capability to SCC project delivery teams.
Through providing technical consulting services to clients, the ServiceNow Technical Consultant contributes to the design, development and delivery of technical architecture and aspects of customer solution components.
Working alongside the ServiceNow Process Consultant, the ServiceNow Technical Consultant focuses on the technical deployment of cloud-based solutions that meet clients’ business needs; primarily the development guidance and delivery of programming techniques to develop robust solutions and attaining technical milestones throughout the engagements.
- Assist in requirements capture through attending and contributing to customer workshops, document requirements
- Technical Story design – e.g. integration, scripting, more complex technical configuration activities
- Implementation of technical stories (ServiceNow configuration and customisation via business rules, client scripts etc, data uploads/transforms, configure reports/dashboards etc).
- Unit testing of Story developments (peer review/testing)
- Documentation of designs and customisation of SCC ServiceNow training decks to incorporate delivered activities
- Defect fixes and enhancements for customers, along with UAT & Go-Live support
Key Skills & Experience
- Proven experience working within technical analysis and design, preferably within a consulting environment
- Solid background of the ServiceNow platform and application configuration
- Experience working with techniques, tools, and approaches for application development and system integration
- Deep technical understanding of Service Management concepts, principles and development capabilities
- Comfortable with delivery assurance principles and procedures
- Service Now Certified Administrator & Implementation Specialist
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills with the ability to enable collaboration
- Ability to research alternative solutions and make recommendations & devise creative technical solutions
- Willingness to travel as and when required
- An inclusive workplace
- Excellent package: solid basic and company benefits
- Hybrid working in line with role requirements
- Career development and life-long learning opportunities
- Opportunity to join Europe's largest privately-owned IT Company
We are an equal opportunities employer
SCC is committed to providing equal opportunities and a proactive and inclusive approach to equality and diversity in employment. No applicant or employee will be treated less favourably than another on the grounds of a protected characteristic which are defined as sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender reassignment, trade union membership or non-membership, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race and religion or belief.