Demand for SCC’s Professional services continues to grow both from existing and new customers. This has created an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Network Engineer to join our talented team, based in Birmingham, London or Manchester.
- Working with Technical Architects to bring Network designs to life
- Performing Network (WAN, LAN, WLAN and Firewall) configuration, deployment, troubleshooting and administration as part of a project.
- Creating and performing authorised changes to customer environments, attending CABs where necessary
- Ensuring technical documentation is completed and updated to professional standards
- Contribution to the continuous improvement programmes of all technology platforms and processes within the Professional Services area
- Assisting with acceptance into service into operational support for all new implementations and enhancements/upgrades
- Liaison with third party vendors (such as CISCO or Fortinet) and escalation when necessary
- Contributing to delivering team performance
- Minimum CCNP level accreditation (or demonstrable progress along the certification track)
- Strong background with core network technologies in large-scale deployments
- Experience of working with large scale switching, routing, firewall and other network technologies
- Experience of working with enterprise level clients
- Demonstrating excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong background with core network, computer and storage technologies in large-scale deployments
- Experience of enterprise grade networking environments
- Experience of Software Defined Network technologies, especially SD-WAN, preferably Cisco/Viptela
- ITIL qualification or awareness of the ITIL processes
- Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred