The role is to assist the delivery of IT Services to the end client through supply of contracted services and to deliver an effective and efficient customer focused service to all of our customer’s IT users, meeting service level agreements and customer expectations.
The role will involve carrying out second line fault resolution for software, hardware and audio visual equipment. Additionally, assisting with IT hardware and software requests covering desktop moves, additions and changes, through to removal and disposal of IT equipment. Other duties will include receiving new goods, packing and/or unpacking IT equipment, installation and testing, transport to user’s workplace and formal verification of user acceptance.
Main Duties of Job:
• Incident ownership and management
• Second Line support for software and hardware fault resolution
• Installation, moves and addition services in relation to IT equipment on customer sites
• Re-loading/configuring of software applications and images
• Update of all incidents and requests in the call handling system
• Monitor & equipment
• Ensure every effort is made to meet the SLA commitments
• Planning and direction of own activities with minimal management supervision.
• Contribute to activities of all onsite SCC teams as required
• Proactive search for improvements & progressed
• Work with onsite management to develop and improve the service being provided
• Adhere, at all times, to company policies and procedures
• To ensure safe working environment with regards to local Fire, Security and Health & regulations
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Good experience in an IT support / IT engineering role
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems (Windows 10 and Office 2016)
• Understanding of SCCM and remote support skills
• Experience of Audio Visual Support (desirable)
• Experience of installing and removing IT equipment
• A customer-orientated approach with excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Ability to effectively influence and negotiate with personnel at various organisational levels.
• Strong analytical, creative problem solving and planning skills to achieve results.
• Ability to manage & articulate.
• Ability to prioritise, plan and meet deadlines.
• Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments.
• Ability to work on own initiative towards individual and team objectives associated with the role
• ITIL awareness