We are actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone
Role: Learning & Apprentice Coordinator
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary Package: Negotiable with Strong Benefits
SCC is Europe's largest privately-owned IT business, based out of the new £7m HQ office in Birmingham and we help clients succeed through IT transformation and exceptional customer experiences. We are a business where innovation is greater as we combine unique ideas, people and disciplines. We are a global company that is passionate about IT and where we look to simplify the complex.
We have just opened the SCC Academy and are investing heavily in our L&D business function. As a result, we have a new opportunity for someone passionate about learning and apprenticeships to join our highly collaborative team.
Working as the dedicated Learning & Apprenticeship coordinator you will be responsible for supporting the Learning function as a whole, while taking ownership for the apprenticeship scheme and the delegates.
- Provide dedicated training support to the L&D Manager
- Support the scheduling and coordination of the People Development programmes, both for current colleagues and external delegates, via online courses & classroom-based training Apprenticeship Programmes
- Manage the full employee lifecycle of SCC’s Apprenticeship Schemes, being the central point of contact for all individuals onboarded and our training providers
- Source new training providers where required, and continue to build relationships with existing apprentice providers
- Process Apprenticeship Agreements and offers of employment, ensuring records and mandatory paperwork is completed
- Liaise with managers and apprentices on their first day and once onboarded, work collaboratively with apprentices, managers and apprenticeship providers to ensure apprentices are on track and up to date with their learning programme, resolving any issues or queries that may come to light
- Process the digital levy account where required
- Identify any training requirements in line with the apprentice programme where there may be gaps
- Liaise with apprentices, managers and apprentice providers towards the end of the programme, ensuring the apprentices are on track to complete within the agreed programme timescales, and ensuring the relevant HR processes are actioned
Key Skills & Experiences:
- Experience working within the apprenticeship field
- Strong administration and coordination capability
- Highly organised, with strong attention to detail
- Motivated to develop your career within a L&D function
- An inclusive workplace
- Excellent package: solid basic and company benefits
- Hybrid working in line with role requirements
- Career development and life-long learning opportunities
- Opportunity to join Europe's largest privately-owned IT Company
We are an equal opportunities employer
SCC is committed to providing equal opportunities and a proactive and inclusive approach to equality and diversity in employment. No applicant or employee will be treated less favourably than another on the grounds of a protected characteristic which are defined as sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender reassignment, trade union membership or non-membership, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race and religion or belief.