SCC – Specialist Computer Centres is the leading IT services organisation in Europe.
We have been established for over 40 years and have a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
Our business continues to grow creating a real career opportunity for a Apprentice Network Engineer based in Birmingham
Overall Job Purpose:
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and working towards becoming a Network Engineer. Working with the rest of the team to deliver projects and provide technical expertise for SCC’s support environment. Conduct weekly, as well as monthly maintenance activities. Preparation of and installation of operational and supportable solutions in accordance with SCC’s business requirements. Update and provide precise technical documentation.
Support and training will be provided to progress apprentices from to DCS Network Specialist and then onwards to Network Architect.
Main Duties of Job:
- Complete training in line with SCC’s training requirements as well as Vendor specific training
- Working in a team of experience network and infrastructure engineers to deliver IT solutions within SCC
- Work on corporate network infrastructure that supports the global business
- Aid in the scoping of solutions and network design aiding the Solution and Technical Architects
- Work with a wide variety of network infrastructure including WIFI, LAN, WAN and Firewalls and Public Cloud networks both on the existing network and new project
- Work with a variety of leading edge providers including Cisco, Fortinet, VMware, Azure and AWS
- Contribute to deliver team performance
- Build internal/external relationships through effective methods of communication
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Understanding of IT network, cloud and security technologies
- Willingness to Learn and develop
- Passionate about Technology
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
Then click the response button now!
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.