Overall Job Purpose:
The individual will work closely with the Alliances Manager to ensure the smooth administration of the SCC Microsoft practice, within SCC, the vendor and the wider market.
They will be responsible for coordinating relevant activities to support the vendor plan, as well as being responsible for monitoring and processing requests for vendor funding, including the consumption of any Marketing funds or funded works.
Communication and coordination are key to helping SCC and Microsoft work more strategically together. As such the role will require the holder to organise and collate the relevant data in order to inform relevant sales and delivery teams, maximise available Microsoft funding, and improve SCC opportunities across Professional and Software Services.
Building and managing a programmatic approach around utilisation of funded activities will also help build a consistent increase in Professional Services pipeline, and drive further value from the SCC Services division, helping to create customer loyalty, and further opportunities.
Successful execution of the role will include working with SCC and Microsoft Professional Services, Account Managers, Internal Account Managers, Operations and shared clients. It will also require occasional travel around the UK to meet with colleagues and partners in person.
Key duties and main responsibilities
The role holder will:
• Assist with execution of the vendor plan involving all key stakeholders including MSFT Senior Management, SCC Sales, SCC UK Services & key operational personnel
• Share responsibility for targets to achieve revenue targets and the net soft dollar contributions
• Work with Alliances Manager to build out suitable marketing campaigns, drive customer facing webinars and/or events
• Responsible for managing pipeline and forecast for SCC with Microsoft
• Ensure pipeline calls are run appropriately, involve the correct key stakeholders and produce pipeline/forecasts
• In concert with the software team, Drive customer value around agreements and relevant services, ensuring any non-monetary benefits of customer agreements are available for consumption by customers
• Co-ordinate and drive customer take-up of Partner of Record and Partner Admin Link across Azure & O365
• Schedule Business Reviews, stakeholder meetings and calls
Key Measures of Success
• Hit specific revenue and margin goals including net soft dollar contribution
• Manage communication of Microsoft pipeline, providing visibility to Microsoft of SCC sales activity and opportunities
• Execution of quarterly customer facing webinars/events
• Manage funding process to maximise professional services opportunities
• Ensure required reporting is completed for scheduled Business and Stakeholder reviews
• Hit agreed sign-up targets for Partner of Record/ Admin Link
• Partner Connect up to date and accurate
Main Duties of Role
Working with Microsoft
• Work with Alliances and Microsoft Partner Development Manager (PDM) to help drive Quarterly and Annual targets
• Own vendor funding process administration (ECIF, Co-Op etc),
• liaise with Microsoft Sales & Go-To-Market team to maximise opportunities for SCC Professional & Software Services
• Run pipeline calls and produce pipeline forecasts, liaise with PDM
• Manage Partner Connect to ensure external pipeline requirements are met
Working with sales
• Help organise regular training
• Update SCC Intranet with latest Microsoft offerings and news
• Manage Microsoft incentives process
Skills Knowledge and Experience
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to cultivate and develop relationships between colleagues and external contacts
• Excellent time management skills, and ability to collate, organise and present data in a concise format to stakeholders
• Ability to react to change in workplace process, in order to accommodate any changes dictated by the vendor
We consider that the attainment of a bachelor’s degree, particularly in a STEM field, is an excellent indicator that the above skills are in place.
Opportunities for Development
As part of the duties of this role, the holder will have the opportunity to develop vital skills well suited to a future career in managing relationships between partners and software publishers
In particular, the holder of this role should expect to be able to develop the following
• Basic level of knowledge of Microsoft sales, strategy, strengths and weaknesses.
• Ability to establish new, or leverage existing networks within SCC & Microsoft
• Knowledge and experience of Microsoft operational processes, metrics, systems and people
• Understanding of and experience working within Microsoft channel
• Strong relationship and interpersonal skills to be applied in working with Microsoft
• Knowledge of Microsoft’s markets, competition and major market trends
• Establish a strong understanding of SCC internal decision making
• Demonstrate understanding of, and application of Microsoft’s decision making
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.