We are actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone
Role: Financial Reporting & Controls Manager
Location: Birmingham (SCC operate a hybrid working policy giving you flexible working options)
Salary/Package: To £57,000 (DOE), plus Company Benefits and access to fantastic personal development opportunities
SCC is Europe's largest privately-owned IT business, based out of the new £7m HQ office in Birmingham and we help clients succeed through IT transformation and exceptional customer experiences. We are a business where innovation is greater as we combine unique ideas, people and disciplines. We are a global company that is passionate about IT and where we look to simplify the complex.
Due to our continued growth and further development of our finance function, we are looking to recruit a new colleague into our highly collaborative and talented finance team.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Accounting, you will be responsible for financial accounts reporting into group as well as various statutory reporting requirements.
You will be taking accountability for implementing best practice for documentation of accounting processes and financial reporting controls within SCC, ensuring adherence and compliance and reporting risks against the Risk Control Framework.
You will also work closely with the Rigby Group Risk and Compliance Manager and will support the Implementation of SCC’s new financial accounting systems (D365) from a controls and compliance perspective.
Whilst taking responsibility for the administration and control of Capex business cases, project appraisals, accounting and reporting of Fixed Assets and for the accounting and administration of trade agreements and for the provision of governance and assurance around Balance Sheet reporting, you will also cover:
Financial reporting and Financial Control
- Providing technical expertise on all financial accounting matters
- Ensuring seamless production of the Statutory Accounts through strong accounting controls and robust account mapping
- Manage key balance sheet control accounts and ensure that the Blackline application for Balance Sheet reconciliations is optimised
- Maintain and develop SCC’s Risk Control Framework
- Develop reporting requirements to improve transparency around all areas of compliance activity
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Responsible for Fixed Asset accounting and reporting and Capex forecasting
- Maintaining/developing the Fixed Asset Register
- Ensuring all accounting requirements are met and cash flow is optimised
- Supporting the continual development of SCC’s financial reporting systems from a controls and compliance perspective
- Administering and controlling Capex business cases and project appraisals
- Developing and maintain accounting and financial reporting for all trade agreements with financing partners
- Qualified accountant with a strong background in controls, compliance and risk assurance
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Excellent MS Excel, Word, & Office skills and experience of Cognos TM1 and Controller applications would be helpful
- Ability to communicate at all levels and to manage a small team
- An ability to manage key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- An inclusive workplace
- Excellent package: solid basic and company benefits
- Hybrid working in line with role requirements
- Career development and life-long learning opportunities
- Opportunity to join Europe's largest privately-owned IT Company
We are an equal opportunities employer
SCC is committed to providing equal opportunities and a proactive and inclusive approach to equality and diversity in employment. No applicant or employee will be treated less favourably than another on the grounds of a protected characteristic which are defined as sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender reassignment, trade union membership or non-membership, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race and religion or belief.