We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres, Europe’s largest privately owned IT solutions organisation. We supply break/fix maintenance services to many of the UK’s biggest commercial companies and public sector bodies. A vital component of SCC’s high level of customer satisfaction is our ability to respond quickly with the right engineer in the right place with the right parts within our service agreed response times.
To enable us to meet these exacting standards we are now recruiting for a Stores/Parts Operative, based out of our National Distribution Centre in Birmingham, to become a pivotal player in the receipt, control, movement and despatch of computer parts and equipment for our engineers and customers.
Duties will include:
* Booking parts in/out of the stores and arranging returns to the main warehouse.
* Managing engineers’ car stocks and overseeing parts usage.
* Control of internal stocks into and out of stores
* Keeping stores neat and tidy
* Maintaining stock records using a computerised system.
* Maintaining van stocks and delivering parts when required.
* Perform perpetual inventory/stock checks.
* Overseeing warranty parts and returning them to the manufacturer.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
* Good IT literacy – Word, Excel etc.
* Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
* Strong attention to detail
* Responsible and reliable
* Previous experience in a stores, parts, goods in/out environment.
* Dedication to customer service excellence
The ability to gain Security Clearance is essential to be considered for this role.
The working hours for this role are, Monday – Friday 8am – 4.30pm.