Specialist Computer Centres – SCC is the largest privately owned IT services provider in Europe.
We are an accredited reseller for all leading brands of computer equipment.
Continued and growing demand for our products has created an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Operative to join our logistics team at our distribution centre in Tyseley, Birmingham.
We are looking for candidates with experience gained working in a warehouse/distribution environment with good IT skills, excellent communication skills, physically fit and with a keen work ethic.
Main Duties of the Job:
- To pack all items in a sufficient way to prevent any damage in transit
- To consign all items on relevant courier sites
- To load all couriers at appropriate times
- Update regional stores delivery sheets for each shipment
- Update Open- up- time call with shipment details
- Raise purchase orders for same days and arrange with relevant courier.
Required skills and Experience:
- The ability to gain security clearance is essential to be considered for this role. (This will include the need evidence that you have been continuously employed for at least the last 5 years, this will need to be checkable work history where satisfactory employment references can be gained)
- Previous experience in a similar environment
This role will be on a shift rota as follows:
Mon – Fri 9am – 5.30pm , 10.30am to 7.00pm and 12.00pm to 8.30pm on a alternating rota with one weekend worked in 6 followed by 2 days’ off in lieu.