We have an exciting career opportunity for a Trainie Stores Person to join our engineering team based at Heathrow Airport to be responsible for the control of the movement of good and bad stock through the stores and to assist engineers when needed. The hours of work are Monday- Friday 8am – 4.30pm.
Duties will include :
- Undertake Supervised Training to achieve the below.
- Handling and booking in good parts received from suppliers and other SCC branches
- Handling and recording all good and bad stock items received from engineers and remote locations.
- Delivering parts direct to sites or to engineers
- Running picking list reports every 15 minutes and shipping parts to locations as required by sameday or overnight courier
- Responding to telephone requests and emails from engineers and other stores and departments
- Keeping all stores locations tidy in compliance with Health and Safety requirements
- Performing Perpetual Inventory Checks on all stock
- Preparing for and participating in the annual stock take.
- Liase with field service engineers and stores, ensuring consistent and realtime stock accuracy.
- To highlight damaged equipment or parts to the Team leader or line manager.
- To carry out deliveries and collections and movement of stock to support other regions as required
- To support the field engineers when required with 2 man jobs
- To facilitate the movement of specialist lifting equipment as and when required
Requirements of the role
* A full UK driving Licence
* The ability to gain Security Clearance aswell as Airport Clearances
* An interest or previous experience with IT Hardware