We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre services & Managed Services continues to grow both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our Birmingham Centre as a Telephony Engineer.
- Development and monitoring of daily operations metrics
- Work effectively with vendors to resolve issues, escalating issues with the vendor as needed.
- Resolve incidents assigned by the service desk within SLA.
- Taking ownership of improvements in both technology and processes
- Monitoring the estate for issues or anomalies and investigating these to resolution.
- Serve as a liaison between other technical staff, management, users and vendors regarding service requests, change management and other technical matters (including incident management)
- Manage the delivery of changes to the production environment
- Responsible for analysing and documenting the current estate, including keeping the documentation current as the estate changes
Risk & Compliance
- Maintain & monitor standards, controls, processes and solutions, to minimise business and IT risk
- Drive through identified Risks to closure including reporting of progress against each Risk relating to Messaging environment
- Ensure full compliance with all Group, Legal and Regulatory requirements and standards
- Full involvement during Internal / External Audit cycle that are carried out periodically
- Support remediation of Audit Actions working closely with internal teams as required
- Management Support
- Positive and proactive participation within the team and active collaboration with colleagues across SCC as appropriate
- Determined, can-do attitude
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Meticulous approach, effective written and oral communicator
- Proven telephony support and Contact Centre Support skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline intensive environment
- Excellent customer service and organisation skills
- Professional and presentable at all times
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a track record of working with a telephony and contact centre technology stack and an appreciation of support and service transition. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and able to handle work with multiple customers and projects. Candidate must have experience of working in a large multi-client solution provider with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Strong background with core telephony technologies in large-scale deployments.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience providing support to enterprise level clients.
- Good working knowledge and experience in an Avaya environment, Knowledge of CM6 or later.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong background with Telephony SIP and VOIP networking / communications (Media Gateways, SBCs etc including Contact Centre Technology.
- Appropriate certifications in core technology platforms (Avaya)
- Experience of Contact Centre environments including design, troubleshooting and support.
- ITIL qualification or awareness of the ITIL processes
- Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.