We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre Services (DCS) continues to grow both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our Birmingham HQ as our Technology Service Manager Lead, with a global remit
Overall Job Purpose:
The Technology Service Manager Lead, will provide a senior service and technical management function for Data Centre Services and its customers. The Technology Service Manager Lead position will lead the Technical Service Management team across our global locations.
The Technical Service Management team provide IT management across platforms, technologies and services delivered, ensuring the right outcomes are delivered for our customers at the right time; matrix managing teams across technical support, service operations and close liaison with our Service delivery team to do so.
The role will involve management of and collaboration with our offshore locations in Romania and Vietnam.
Main Duties of the Job:
- Define a roadmap for the TSM function that embeds the Strategic direction of the TSM function
- Day to Day management and development of the TSM Function and its team members.
- Provide guidance and support to Technical Service Managers in delivering a premium value-add Service to customers.
- Ensuring Technical Service Managers deliver business as usual technical operations and technical service management for all Data Centre Customers.
- Ensure the TSM Function provide a supporting service to the customer account and service management team through pro-active alignment into Data Centre Services, enabling focused single points of contact to important customer accounts
- Ensure the TSM function are engaged, consult and advise on customer technical risk logs across all Customer IT solutions.
- Recommend Service improvements and drive forward the best solution and service for the customer.
- Act as an Escalation point for all Technical Service Managers where required.
- Provide input, direction and alignment to the DCS strategy roadmap.
- Provide support where required to DCS management.
Additional Duties of the Job:
- Directly interact with clients, account managers, technical teams and 3rd parties in order to co-ordinate rapid and effective responses where required
- Ability to challenge technical experts in a reasoned and logical manner
- Provide technical guidance in improving service across various different technical platforms and technologies
- To control and own TSM customer communications standards, and rules of engagement
- Building and fostering key customer relationships
- High level technical matrix management covering Infrastructure/storage/network in order to lead multiple technical teams as part of any major incident.
- Provide technical and process Guidance and recommendations across Incident, Problem and Change management within Data Centre Services.
- Provide technical and process guidance across various technical areas (infrastructure/storage/network) in order to drive continual service improvement.
- To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in accordance with corporate ISO accreditation levels.
- Support and be part of an Out of Hours Management escalation process
- Provide a courteous service and professional approach to customers and to the delivery of allocated tasks as required.
- To perform any other duties from time to time that may be required by Manager.
Attributes of Successful Candidate
- Determined, can-do attitude
- Ability to lead, inspire and develop staff members
- Ability to understand different worldwide culture
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Meticulous approach, effective written and oral communicator
- Proven Management Skills particularly in a Matrix management environment
- Ability to find problems/issues and come up with best practice solutions to fix
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline intensive environment
- Excellent customer service and organisation skills
- ITIL focused
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Ability to inspire, lead and provide guidance to Technical Service Managers and in delivering services to customers.
- Previous experience working with and managing offshore technical staff delivering services.
- Excellent all round High level IT knowledge across enterprise and Data Centre technology stack
- Excellent all round High level IT service management knowledge incorporating industry standards such as ISO20000 & ITIL
- Excellent Knowledge and understanding of full lifecycle of IT service delivery in Managed services environments
- Senior level IT Management and leadership experience within a Data Centre environment
- Ability/experience to break down an incident into technology and service components to methodically work with technical teams to plan and deliver back restored service
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Ability to translate technical terms into language appropriate for customers and internal stakeholders and vice versa
- Excellent documentation skills across Technical , process and customer facing documentation
- Confident character with the ability to deal effectively from Senior level management down to junior Technical Engineer level
- Commitment to exceed customers’ expectations