We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre services continues to grow both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our Birmingham Data Centre as a Network Engineer.
Attributes of Successful Candidate
- Determined, can-do attitude
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Meticulous approach, effective written and oral communicator
- Proven network management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline intensive environment
- Excellent customer service and organisation skills
- Professional and presentable at all times
Skills Knowledge & Experience
- Strong background with core network technologies in large-scale deployments
- Minimum 3 years’ experience providing support to enterprise level clients
- Good working knowledge and experience in a Cisco environment, Knowledge of Checkpoint Firewalls, Demonstrates excellent troubleshooting skills, Intruder Detection Systems, LAN & WAN, Routing Protocols, eg OSPF.
- Appropriate certifications in core technology platforms (CISCO, HP, Fortinet, Checkpoint)
- Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong background with core network, compute and storage technologies in large-scale deployments
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred
- Experience of enterprise grade CISCO and Fortinet environments including design, troubleshooting and support.
- ITIL qualification or awareness of the ITIL processes
- Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.