Job: Technical Support – Networks
We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre services continues to grow both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our Birmingham Data Centre as a Network Engineer.
Attributes of Successful Candidate
• Determined, can-do attitude
• Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
• Meticulous approach, effective written and oral communicator
• Proven network management skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline intensive environment
• Excellent customer service and organisation skills
• Professional and presentable at all times
Skills Knowledge & Experience
• Strong background with core network technologies in large-scale deployments
• Minimum 3 years’ experience providing support to enterprise level clients
• Good working knowledge and experience in a Cisco environment, Knowledge of Checkpoint Firewalls, Demonstrates excellent troubleshooting skills, Intruder Detection Systems, LAN & WAN, Routing Protocols, eg OSPF.
• Appropriate certifications in core technology platforms (CISCO, HP, Fortinet, Checkpoint)
• Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Strong background with core network, compute and storage technologies in large-scale deployments
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred
• Experience of enterprise grade CISCO and Fortinet environments including design, troubleshooting and support.
• ITIL qualification or awareness of the ITIL processes
• Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider