Specialist Computer Centres – SCC is Europe’s largest independently owned IT services group. We have been established for over 40 years, have over 5,000 employees within Europe and a turnover in excess of £3 billion. We deliver innovative, business critical and cost reducing IT solutions to both private and public sector organisations.
We now have an exciting career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our European Headquarters in Birmingham.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and working towards becoming an Infrastructure Engineer. Working with the rest of the team to provide client support as well as technical expertise for all of SCC’s customers. To provide direct support to all managed services and maintain ownership along with in-depth technical knowledge. Conduct weekly, as well as monthly maintenance activities. The apprentice must also implement any technical related solutions for our customers through change control/remote hands service. Prepare and install operational and supportable solutions in accordance with clients’ needs and within SLA. Update and provide precise technical documentation, in order to assure various company members of delivery team assist to monitor, troubleshoot and change complex customer environments. Support and training will be provided to progress apprentices from 1st and 2nd line to DCS Network (3rd/4th line) engineers.
- Complete Technical learning and training plan in line with Baltic and SCC program learning plan
- Investigate and Manage Incidents/Changes/Problems/Requests within Network environments
- End to end ownership of all Incident/Change/Service Requests through to closure.
- Review, update, document and upload all technical solutions/procedures within the SharePoint/SCC’s internal knowledge base.
- Provide technical support and documentation to 3rd parties/offshore teams where applicable.
- Assess, prioritise and manage workload ensuring contractual obligations are achieved.
- Contribute to deliver team performance.
- Build internal/external relationships through effective methods of communication.
- Identify and work towards Technical Service Improvements.
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 GCSE’s grade A-C inclusive of Maths and English
- Willingness to Learn and develop
- Passionate about Technology
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- The Commitment to follow learning and study path in line with a Level 4 Network Engineer Apprenticeship programme