We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre services continues to grow both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our Birmingham Data Centre as a Technical Specialist – Storage.
• Assist engagement with customers to ensure design of technical solutions and improvements are in line with the requirements of the customer.
• Assist in the requirements gathering process and Improvements phase including due diligence, Audit, SoW and solution proposals
Design & Architecture
• Provide pro-active Audit of customers IT Infrastructure environments using various toolsets to identify possible end to end improvements that will deliver stable infrastructure and associated platforms
• Contribute to the design of platform service and customer infrastructures from conception to completion.
• Assist such that designs and improvements are end to end, fit for purpose and can be abstracted for multiple views and audiences
• Assist on the creation of technical architectures stretching across the entire breadth of the IT estate for Data centre platform services and customers alike.
• Assist in the creation and maintenance of products roadmaps and versions
• Lead on the implementation of Improvements and changes to Customer IT architecture
Ensure all projects/ Works adhere to established standards and frameworks
Planning & Transition
• Liaise with Design teams on handover and acceptance into service for all new implementations and enhancements/upgrades to Data Centre Service Customers
• Liaise with Design teams on the creation, approval and quality standards of all technical project documentation and CMDB configuration items
Liaise and work closely with BAU operational support teams to facilitate handover to BAU
operations of any changes, improvements and additions to customer IT
Attributes of Successful Candidate
• Determined, can-do attitude
• Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
• Passionate about technology
• Attention to detail
• A good work ethic
• ITIL awareness
• Excellent customer service
• Excellent organisation skills
• General technical awareness of hardware and software desktop environments and corporate structures
• Professional and presentable at all times.
• Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments.
• At least 6 years’ + experience with network Architecture in an enterprise environment
Skills Knowledge & Experience
• Strong background in enterprise and datacentre storage technologies in large-scale deployments
• Minimum 5 years’ experience providing storage technology support to enterprise level clients
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a professional services, datacentre, sales or customer support role
• Detailed technical knowledge of storage technologies (3PAR, EMC, IBM, NetApp, Hitachi, etc. )
• Experience in the operation, implementation and support of storage technologies.
• Hands on experience with installation, configuration and design of Enterprise storage in a corporate datacentre environment
• Hands on experience in environments 1PB+ of storage
• Hands on experience in installation, configuration and design of back up technologies (NetBackup, Backup Exec, TSM, Networker, Avamar, Data Domain, etc.)
• Hands on experience in installation, configuration and design of Fabric storage technologies (Cisco, Brocade, IBM, etc.)
• Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Ability to provide Architecture guidance, HLD and LLD improvements or solutions to a customer storage solutions
• Ability to audit and understand customer’s storage environment using various market toolsets and provide recommendations in line with industry best practice
• Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider
• Experience of customer life cycle management particularly pre-sales, strategy, requirements analysis, technology planning, proposal writing and customer presentations.
• Experience of performing the role of a consultant, drafting and implementing solutions to business problems and communicating solutions to senior leadership teams across a variety of industries and for large enterprise grade organisations
• Vendor Related Certifications in storage and fabric technologies( NetApp, 3PAR, EMC, Hitachi, IBM, Cisco)
• Vendor related Certifications in backup technologies (NetBackup, Backup Exec, TSM, Networker, Avamar, Data Domain, etc.)
• Experience of storage management toolsets and Operating systems
• Experience of delivering storage and backup Strategies to large enterprise grade organisations
• Experience of implementing storage and backup Service Strategies for large scale multi-service, multi-site and multi-vendor customers
• Exposure to project management and service management industry best practises (Prince2, ITIL v3, PMP, MSP)