Head in the Clouds or excited & driven by them???
Are you an experienced technologist with a passion for delivering technology services aimed to ensure our customers continue to experience the best possible services delivered by teams of truly awesome people? Or are you an upcoming technology evangelist with a passion for emerging technology and feel the time is right to make a change for the difference?
If so and you would like to open your world to opportunities in a fast paced, exciting business that empowers people to become the best they can be then get in touch with our recruitment team now!!!
Due to continued success and growth, our Data Centre, Cloud, and Service Operations division continues to evolve, scale and invest and we now have a number of exciting opportunities for technology professionals to join the UK’s biggest and best privately owned managed services provider.
Key roles have recently been created across Technology Operations covering Cloud Delivery, Platform/Infrastructure Services, End User Services, and much, much more so if we have your attention and you would like to be part of one of the best technology businesses there is… Then get in touch and let us help develop your personal and professional career further.
Overall Job Purpose
To provide proactive management audit improve and architectural guidance for Data Centre infrastructure platforms and customers. This will include design configuration and support for all Data Centre service clients.
To ensure all configuration items architecture and associated documentation is completed to an adequate level to ensure a Gold Standard Service for all Data Centre Service clients.
- Assist engagement with customers to ensure design of technical solutions and improvements are in line with the requirements of the customer.
- Assist in the requirements gathering process and Improvements phase including due diligence Audit SoW and solution proposals
Design & Architecture
- Provide pro-active Audit of customers IT Infrastructure environments using various toolsets to identify possible end to end improvements that will deliver stable infrastructure and associated platforms
- Contribute to the design of platform service and customer infrastructures from conception to completion.
- Assist such that designs and improvements are end to end, fit for purpose and can be abstracted for multiple views and audiences
- Assist on the creation of technical architectures stretching across the entire breadth of the IT estate for Data centre platform services and customers alike.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of products roadmaps and versions
- Lead on the implementation of Improvements and changes to Customer IT architecture
- Ensure all projects/ Works adhere to established standards and frameworks
Planning & Transition
- Liaise with Design teams on handover and acceptance into service for all new implementations and enhancements/upgrades to Data Centre Service Customers
- Liaise with Design teams on the creation, approval and quality standards of all technical project documentation and CMDB configuration items
- Liaise and work closely with BAU operational support teams to facilitate handover to BAU operations of any changes, improvements and additions to customer IT Architecture
Standards & Guidelines
- Contribute to the management of technology platforms across the datacentre technology portfolio
- Contribute to the continuous improvement programmes of all technology platforms across the datacentre
- Work Closely and in conjunction with Operational Support teams in the identification of Improvement opportunities
- To provide proactive and preventative maintenance to customer IT services following industry best practice guidelines
- Act as a technical escalation point for major incidents related to the service delivery from the datacentre and customer sites
- Act as a mentor and coach to BAU staff as directed by line management
- Lead on the creation of technical documentation for all platform services for the data centre and for customer sites as directed
- Ensure technical documentation is completed to a professional standards
- Lead on the creation of document standards focussing on content, branding and quality
- Lead on the configuration of all technical documentation to include version control and uniform site structure
- Support the process to ensure all Improvement works, changes and implementation are communicated to the team and customer where necessary
Attributes of Successful Candidate
- Determined, can-do attitude
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Passionate about technology
- Attention to detail
- A good work ethic
- ITIL awareness
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent organisation skills
- General technical awareness of hardware and software desktop environments and corporate structures
- Professional and presentable at all times.
- Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments.
- A number of (or working towards) vendor certification, i.e. MCP/VCP/etc.
- At least 6 years’ experience with server architecture in an enterprise class environment.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a track record of working with a datacentre technology stack and an appreciation of support and Low Level Design work. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and able to handle work with multiple customers and projects. Candidate must have experience of working in a large solution provider with a rapidly expanding customer base.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
Essential Strong background with core Virtualisation and Infrastructure services in large-scale deployments
- Minimum 7 years’ experience providing support to enterprise level clients
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a professional services, datacentre, sales or customer support role
- Detailed technical knowledge of MS Directory Services, Exchange, VMWare, Citrix and VDI technologies backed with practical experience in a corporate environment preferably serving customers
- Appropriate certifications in core technology platforms (MS, VMWare, Citrix, Exchange)
- Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents
- Ability to provide Architecture guidance, HLD and LLD improvements or solutions to a customer Infrastructure solution
- Ability to audit and understand customer’s Infrastructure environment using various market toolsets and provide recommendations in line with industry best practice
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred
- Vendor Related Certifications in any other Infrastructure Environments
- Experience of customer life cycle management particularly pre-sales, strategy, requirements analysis, technology planning, proposal writing and customer presentations.
- Experience of performing the role of a consultant, drafting and implementing solutions to business problems and communicating solutions to senior leadership teams across a variety of industries and for large enterprise grade organisations
- Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider.
- Experience of Cloud technologies including automation and orchestration toolsets (System Centre Virtual Machine Manager, BMC CLM, VCAC, Azure, vCHS, EC2)
- Experience of delivering Infrastructure strategies and roadmaps to large enterprise grade organisations
Experience of implementing Infrastructure Service Strategies for large scale multi-service,
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.