To lead and manage the day to day activities of the Technical Services, Client Application Management and Incident Management Teams. The team perform 2nd and 3rd line support for incidents and requests for the front office components in a highly secure network.
The successful candidate will exhibit verifiable experience in a customer facing role, coupled with a demonstrable knowledge across multiple technical domains. They will have at least three years’ experience managing and leading BAU teams in complex environments, where customer satisfaction is key.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to the Technical Services Team, the customer and other suppliers;
- Resourcing and allocation of work, maintaining a balanced utilisation of the resources, and identifying any gaps in knowledge or technical capability of the team;
- Directly interact with clients, technical teams and 3rd parties in order to co-ordinate rapid and effective response to major incidents.
- Ability to challenge technical experts in a reasoned and logical manner to explore all possible solutions to an incident
- Performance management and appraisals to be conducted for the team; addressing and correcting any under-performance of the team;
- Ensure that security is treated as a priority. Report and act upon any security issues or breaches;
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries, adhering to all service management principles.
- Track, record and actively monitor a customer technical risk log across all Customer IT solutions in order to recommend service improvements and drive forward the best solution and service for the customer.
- Assist the team in troubleshooting and escalating any issues related to desk-side support, imaging or packaging.
- Work with Service Desk and EUC team to improve Knowledge Management and drive the “shift-left” approach
- Maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers, ensuring all relationships are conducted in a professional manner;
- Ensure that all project and BAU based issues have minimum impact to the customer estate.
- Desirable – Project management experience, especially transitioning Project-based activities into BAU support.
Attributes of Successful Candidate
- Determined, can-do attitude
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Meticulous approach, effective written and oral communicator
- Proven Management Skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline intensive environment
- Excellent customer service and organisation skills
- Strong customer facing experience.
- Confident and credible
- Commitment to exceed customers’ expectations.
- ITIL knowledge/accreditation especially operational Incident/Problem and Change
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- At least 3 years managing a technical team
- Able to produce detailed reporting both ad-hoc and regularly
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and senior stakeholders
- Excellent technical knowledge across multiple domains, including:
- Microsoft Active Directory & GPOs
- Microsoft SCCM 2012 (including packaging, deployment)
- Microsoft Windows 10, testing and imaging
- ITSM tools
- Ivanti (desirable)
- PowerShell (desirable)
- Linux/Unix (desirable)