We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre services continues to grow both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our Birmingham Data Centre as a Technical Services Management Lead with worldwide travel expected
Overall Job Purpose:
The Technical Services Management Lead will provide a high level technical management function for Data Centre Services and its customers. The Lead position will lead the technical service management team in UK and the Offshore support centre in Vietnam. The Duties of the technical services team will be dispersed across operational reactive and proactive technical services providing Operational IT management across platforms, technologies and services delivered. The role will involve management of the Vietnam offshore support centre with expected visits to be 4-6 times per year
Main Duties of the Job:
- Day to Day BAU management of the TSM Function and its team members.
- Day to day BAU remote management of the Offshore Support Centre Managers and staff including workload of 35 + personnel
- Provide guidance and support to Technical Service Managers in delivering a Gold standard Service to customers.
- Provide guidance and support to Offshore Support Centre in delivering a Gold standard OOH Service to customers. Regular quarterly visits (minimum) to Vietnam will be required
- Ensuring Technical Service Managers deliver business as usual technical operations and technical service management for all Data Centre Customers.
- Ensure the TSM Function provide a supporting service to the customer account and service management team through a pro-active alignment into Data Centre Services enabling focused single points of contact to important customer accounts
- Ensure the TSM Function deliver and proactively manage IT service continuity (DR and BC) solutions for Data Centre Customers.
- Ensure the TSM function actively monitor track and record a customer technical risk log across all Customer IT solutions in order to recommend Service improvements and drive forward the best solution and service for the customer.
- Act as an Escalation point for all Technical Service Managers where required.
- Provide input to future direction and service improvement opportunities for the Technical service management function.
- Provide input, direction and alignment to the DCS strategy roadmap.
- Provide support where required to DCS management.
Additional Duties of the Job:
- Continue to operate as a Technical Services manager whilst providing support and guidance to other Technical Services managers and the Offshore Support Centre
- Directly interact with clients, account managers, technical teams and 3rd parties in order to co-ordinate rapid and effective response to major incidents
- Ability to challenge technical experts in a reasoned and logical manner to explore all possible solutions to an incident
- To provide proactive drive and guidance to Problem Management team in order to improve process and ensure technical focus is given in order to drive problem records down over Data centre Customer Base.
- Provide technical guidance in improving service across various different technical platforms and technologies
- To control and own Technical customer communications including difficult face to face meetings whilst providing damage limitation and relationship management for the business.
- High level Technical matrix management covering Infrastructure/storage/network in order to lead multiple technical teams as part of any major incident.
- Track, record and actively monitor a customer technical risk log across all Customer IT solutions in order to recommend Service improvements and drive forward the best solution and service for the customer.
- Provide technical and process Guidance and recommendations across Incident, Problem and Change management within Data centre Services.
- Provide Technical and process guidance across various technical areas (Infrastructure/storage/network) in order to drive continual service improvement.
- To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in accordance with corporate ISO accreditation levels.
- Support and be part of an Out of Hours Management escalation process
- Provide a courteous service and professional approach to customers and to the delivery of allocated tasks as required.
- To perform any other duties from time to time that may be required by Manager.
Attributes of Successful Candidate
- Determined, can-do attitude
- Ability to lead, Inspire and develop staff members
- Ability to understand different worldwide culture
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Meticulous approach, effective written and oral communicator
- Proven Management Skills
- Ability to find problems/issues and come up with best practice solutions to fix
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline intensive environment
- Excellent customer service and organisation skills
- ITIL operationally focussed
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Ability to provide guidance and leadership to Technical Service managers and Technical Specialist team members in delivering Gold Standard services to customers.
- Previous experience working with and managing offshore technical staff delivering services.
- Excellent all round High level IT knowledge across enterprise and Data centre technology stack
- Senior level IT Management and leadership experience within a Data Centre environment
- Excellent Knowledge and understanding of full lifecycle of IT service delivery in Managed services environments
- Ability to inspire, lead and provide guidance to technical engineers and teams in best practice in IT operational Environments.
- Ability/experience to break down an incident into technology and service components to methodically work with technical teams to plan and deliver back restored service
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Ability to disseminate the right level of technical or solution information intended for the correct audience
- Excellent documentation skills across Technical , process and customer facing documentation
- Strong customer facing experience
- Confident character with the ability to deal effectively from Senior level management down to junior Technical Engineer level
- Commitment to exceed customers’ expectations
- ITIL knowledge/ accreditation specialising around operational Incident / Problem and change management