We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre services continues to grow both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our Birmingham Data Centre as a Virtualisation & EUC Technical Lead.
- This is a “hands-on” technical expertise and lead position that requires senior level knowledge on Virtualization and EUC technologies.
- Act as the primary technical escalation point for major incidents related to the Virtualisation technologies and EUC service delivery from the datacentre and customer sites
- Supporting the Virtualisation and EUC engineering team in the advanced troubleshooting of customer’s environments.
- Providing Technical leadership and guidance for Infrastructure team.
- Perform basic team personnel HR administration tasks
- Managing incidents and problems appropriately within agreed service levels
- Perform Technical root cause analysis on reoccurring incidents
- Assist engagement with projects to ensure designs of technical solutions are in line with the requirements of the customer.
- Ensure technical documentation is completed and updated to professional standards
- Identify Technical Problems and potential Service Improvements across customers Virtualisation and EUC environments
- Log calls with third party vendors (MS, VMware, Citrix, Atlantis) and manage when necessary
- Ensure correct configuration of all Virtualisation components and supported technologies, including, but not limited, to, VMware, Hyper V, Exchange, Citrix all versions
- Contribute to delivering Technical excellence across the Virtualisation and EUC team
- Identify, Contribute and work towards the technical and service goals defined by DCS management
May be required to participate in an on-call Technical lead escalation process outside of UK Business
- Excellent hands on technical Expertise
- Determined, can-do attitude
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- A good work ethic
- ITIL awareness
- Excellent organisation skills
- Professional and presentable at all times
- Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments
- Previous support experience with architecture in an enterprise class environment
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a track record of working with a datacentre technology stack and an appreciation of technical support and Operations. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and able to handle work with multiple customers and projects. Candidate must have experience of working in a large multi-client solution provider with a rapidly expanding customer base. Ability to Provide Technical guidance/leadership to 3rd/4th line engineers; leading by example at all times especially during major incidents. Ready to provide Out-of-hours escalation/support/leadership as required.
- Minimum 5 years’ hands on experience supporting technical environments
- An excellent understanding and practical knowledge within a number of the following technologies:
o Cloud Technologies and Environments
o Microsoft server products (Windows 2003 to 2012 R2)
o Exchange Server (2003 to 2013)
o VMware / Hyper-V
o Citrix / VDI
- Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent and demonstrable communication skills, both written and oral with strong presentation skills
- Ability to use the Service Desk tool to manage incidents/changes/problems tickets
- Ability to manage conflict/challenges within a working environment
- ITIL Certified or experience using the ITIL processes
- Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.