We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre services continues to grow both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our Birmingham Data Centre as a Virtualisation & EUC Technical Lead.
- This is a “hands-on” technical expertise and lead position that requires expert level knowledge on at least one of the major Storage and Backup technologies in use at SCC (ideally HP 3PAR and Veritas NetBackup).
- Act as the primary technical escalation point for major incidents related to the team’s service deliverables.
- Support the team in the advanced troubleshooting of both SCC and customer environments.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the team.
- Perform basic team personnel / HR administration tasks.
- Manage incidents, problems and changes appropriately and within agreed service levels.
- Perform technical root cause analysis on recurring incidents in conjunction with Problem Management.
- Assist with projects to ensure designs of technical solutions are in line with the requirements of the customer.
- Ensure technical documentation is maintained to professional standards.
- Identify technical Problems and potential Service Improvements across SCC and customer environments.
- Log calls with third party vendors (HP, Veritas, IBM etc.) and manage where necessary.
- Ensure correct configuration of all core storage infrastructure components and supported technologies, including, but not limited, to, Hardware, firmware, software versions etc.
- Contribute to delivering technical excellence across Datacentre Services.
- Identify, contribute and work towards the technical and service goals defined by DCS management.
- Will be required to participate in an on-call rota for escalation outside of UK Business hours
Attributes of Successful Candidate
- Excellent hands on technical Expertise
- Leadership skills
- Determined, can-do attitude
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- A good work ethic
- ITIL awareness
- Excellent organisation skills
- Professional and presentable at all times
- Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments
- Previous support experience with architecture in an enterprise class environment
Skills Knowledge & Experience
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a track record of working with a datacentre technology stack and an appreciation of technical support and operations. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and the ability to handle concurrent work with multiple customers and projects. The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a large multi-client solution provider with a rapidly expanding customer base. Ability to provide technical guidance/leadership to 3rd/4th line engineers; leading by example at all times especially during Major Incidents. Ready to provide out-of-hours escalation/support/leadership as required.
- Minimum 5 years’ hands on experience supporting technical environments.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of leading teams
- An excellent understanding and demonstrable practical knowledge within a number of the following technologies:
- HPE 3PAR, Nimble, MSA
- Veritas NetBackup (8.1 or higher)
- Veritas NetBackup Appliance
- IBM V*K
- Solid understanding of iSCSI and NFS
- Proven experience in supporting & managing the storage of virtual machines within shared multi-client platforms, including:
- Windows and Linux based OS
- Understanding of NFS, and iSCSI
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems (Windows Server 2008 – Server 2019)
- Experience with PowerShell
- Experience in backup solutions (NetBackup 8.1 or higher, IBM Spectrum Protect, Microsoft Azure Backup, Veeam Backup and Replication).
- Appropriate certifications or experience in core technology platforms.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents.
- Experience backing up and restoring Oracle, SQL virtual environments, Windows in enterprise environments
- Ability to build professional relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures, able to influence senior managers and other stakeholders (internal and external) on the appropriate course of action.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with strong presentation skills.
- Ability to use ITSM tools to manage incidents/changes/problems tickets.
- Ability to manage conflict/challenges within a working environment.
- ITIL Certified or experience using the ITIL processes.
- Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider.
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.