|We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre services continues to grow both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our Birmingham Data Centre as a Virtualisation & EUC Technical Lead.
· This is a “hands-on” technical expertise and lead position that requires senior level knowledge on Core Infrastructure (Core Foundation Server Roles, AV, Hardware etc.).
· Act as the primary technical escalation point for major incidents related to the teams service deliverables.
· Supporting the team in the advanced troubleshooting of customer’s environments.
· Providing Technical leadership and guidance for the team.
· Perform basic team personnel HR administration tasks.
· Managing incidents and problems appropriately within agreed service levels.
· Perform Technical root cause analysis on reoccurring incidents in conjunction with Problem Management.
· Assist with projects to ensure designs of technical solutions are in line with the requirements of the customer.
· Ensure technical documentation is maintained to professional standards.
· Identify Technical Problems and potential Service Improvements across customer environments.
· Log calls with third party vendors (Microsoft, HP, Dell, IBM) and manage where necessary.
· Ensure correct configuration of all Core Infrastructure components and supported technologies, including, but not limited, to, Hardware, Server OS & Roles, AV and SCCM.
· Contribute to delivering Technical excellence across Datacentre Services.
· Identify, Contribute and work towards the technical and service goals defined by DCS management.
· May be required to participate in an on-call Technical lead escalation process outside of UK Business hours.
|Attributes of Successful Candidate|
|· Excellent hands on technical Expertise.
· Determined, can-do attitude.
· Ability to work on own as well as part of a team.
· Attention to detail.
· A good work ethic.
· ITIL awareness.
· Excellent organisation skills.
· Professional and presentable at all times.
· Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments.
· Previous support experience with architecture in an enterprise class environment.
|Skills Knowledge & Experience|
|The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a track record of working with a datacentre technology stack and an appreciation of technical support and Operations. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and the ability to handle concurrent work with multiple customers and projects. Candidate must have experience of working in a large multi-client solution provider with a rapidly expanding customer base. Ability to Provide Technical guidance/leadership to 3rd/4th line engineers; leading by example at all times especially during Major Incidents. Ready to provide Out-of-hours escalation/support/leadership as required.
· Minimum 5 years’ hands on experience supporting technical environments.
· An excellent understanding and practical knowledge within a number of the following technologies:
o Microsoft server products (Windows 2003 to 2012 R2, Core to Datacentre).
o Microsoft AD (Active Directory) and integrated elements/processes such as DNS, GPO, AD DS and RBAC.
o DHCP Server (Microsoft).
o SCCM including patch management, build image and application deployment.
o AV (Anti-Virus with key products being Sophos, McAfee & Symantec).
o Web Filtering (WebSense/Symantec/TMG/etc.).
o Endpoint Encryption (Symantec).
o Microsoft SharePoint.
o Server Hardware (HP/IBM/Dell/Cisco).
o VMware / Hyper-V.
· Appropriate certifications or experience in core technology platforms.
· Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents.
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with strong presentation skills.
· Ability to use ITSM tools to manage incidents/changes/problems tickets.
· Ability to manage conflict/challenges within a working environment.
· ITIL Certified or experience using the ITIL processes.
· Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider.