We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre services continues to grow both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our Birmingham Data Centre as a Virtualisation & EUC Technical Lead.
- This is a “hands-on” technical expertise and lead position that requires senior level knowledge on Core Infrastructure (Core Foundation Server Roles, AV, M365, Citrix, Hardware etc.).
- Act as the primary technical escalation point for major incidents related to the team’s service deliverables.
- Supporting the team in the advanced troubleshooting of customer’s environments.
- Providing Technical leadership and guidance for the team.
- Perform basic team personnel HR administration tasks.
- Managing incidents and problems appropriately within agreed service levels.
- Perform Technical root cause analysis on reoccurring incidents in conjunction with Problem Management.
- Assist with projects to ensure designs of technical solutions are in line with the requirements of the customer.
- Ensure technical documentation is maintained to professional standards.
- Identify Technical Problems and potential Service Improvements across customer environments.
- Log calls with third party vendors (Microsoft, HP, Dell, IBM, VMware, Citrix) and manage where necessary.
- Ensure correct configuration of all Core Infrastructure components and supported technologies, including, but not limited, to, Hypervisor, Hardware, Server OS & Roles, AV and SCCM.
- Contribute to delivering Technical excellence across Datacentre Services.
- Identify, Contribute and work towards the technical and service goals defined by DCS management.
May be required to participate in an on-call Technical lead escalation process outside of UK Business hours.
Attributes of Successful Candidate
- Excellent hands on technical Expertise.
- Determined, can-do attitude.
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- A good work ethic.
- ITIL awareness.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Professional and presentable at all times.
- Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments.
- Previous support experience with architecture in an enterprise class environment.
Skills Knowledge & Experience
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a track record of working with a datacentre technology stack and an appreciation of technical support and Operations. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and the ability to handle concurrent work with multiple customers and projects. Candidate must have experience of working in a large multi-client solution provider with a rapidly expanding customer base. Ability to Provide Technical guidance/leadership to 3rd/4th line engineers; leading by example at all times especially during Major Incidents. Ready to provide Out-of-hours escalation/support/leadership as required.
- Minimum 5 years’ hands on experience supporting technical environments.
- An excellent understanding and practical knowledge within a number of the following technologies:
- Microsoft server products (Windows 2003 to 2012 R2, Core to Datacentre).
- Microsoft AD (Active Directory) and integrated elements/processes such as DNS, GPO, AD DS and RBAC.
- DHCP Server (Microsoft).
- SCCM including patch management, build image and application deployment.
- AV (Anti-Virus with key products being Sophos, McAfee & Symantec).
- Web Filtering (WebSense/Symantec/TMG/etc.).
- Endpoint Encryption (Symantec).
- Microsoft SharePoint.
- Server Hardware (HP/IBM/Dell/Cisco).
- VMware / Hyper-V.
- Cloud Technologies and Environments.
- Microsoft server products (Windows 2012 to 2019).
- Exchange Server (2010 to 2016/Exchange Online).
- VMware / Hyper-V.
- Citrix / VDI.
- Appropriate certifications or experience in core technology platforms.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with strong presentation skills.
- Ability to use ITSM tools to manage incidents/changes/problems tickets.
- Ability to manage conflict/challenges within a working environment.
- ITIL Certified or experience using the ITIL processes.
- Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider.
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.