Job: Technical Delivery Manager
Overall Job Purpose
The Delivery Manager will provide leadership, drive and focus in the delivery of SCC’s Delivery function.
The position will lead technical delivery teams within Design & Delivery, delivering solutions as specified by the Design team ensuring customer satisfaction at every opportunity.
• Day to Day Management of the Delivery team.
• Provide leadership, guidance & support to the team managers in delivering the best possible service to SCC and its customers.
• Act as escalation point for Delivery issues.
• Define, agree and drive continual service improvement ensuring service delivery continues to exceed expectation.
• Define, recommend & budget for service improvement opportunities.
• Ensure the teams roles and responsibilities are clear and that collaboration across the business & department continues to ensure a joined up delivery team.
• Directly interact with clients, account managers, technical teams, support teams and 3rd parties as required.
• Ability to challenge technical experts in a reasoned and logical manner to explore all possible solutions.
• To provide proactive drive and guidance to the team in order to improve process and procedures.
• To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in accordance with corporate ISO accreditation levels.
• Provide a courteous service and professional approach to customers and to the delivery of allocated tasks as required.
• To perform any other duties from time to time that may be required by your line Manager.
• Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Ability to provide leadership, guidance and management of technical teams.
• Excellent all round IT Infrastructure and Operations knowledge.
• Excellent all round understanding of multiple technologies and the elements of an End to End service (workstation, application, network, virtualization, storage). Ability to inspire, lead and provide guidance to technical engineers and teams in best practice in IT operational Environments.
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to disseminate the right level of technical or solution information intended for the correct audience.
• Excellent documentation skills across Technical, process and customer facing documentation.
• Strong customer facing experience.
• Confident character with the ability to deal effectively from senior level management down to junior Technical Engineer level.
• Commitment to exceed customers’ expectations.
• ITIL Certified.