- Overall Job Purpose:
The Technical Architect will be involved with requirements gathering, low-level design and implementations across a range of customer’s in a multi-tenanted environment that offers exposure to an array of cutting-edge technologies, with the focus on service delivery excellence and improvements.
Must have solid technical experience producing low-level designs and implementations. The ability to face off with third party technical staff is key as is solid documentation experience.
The position will be part of a team of Technical Architect’s within Design & Delivery responsible for owning and driving the overall technical architectural strategy for all Data Centre Services customers, ensuring customer satisfaction at every opportunity.
- Main Duties of Job:
- Produce low-level designs ensuring designs are accurate and regularly updated and reviewed in accordance with the target design.
- Provide technical input to Statement of Works and High-Level Designs where required.
- Support and lead engagement with customers to ensure design of technical solutions are in line with the requirements of the customer.
- Support and lead the process to lead the customer to create an IT strategy and technology roadmap.
- Ensure designs are end to end, fit for purpose and in line with established standards and frameworks.
- Lead on the creation and maintenance of product roadmaps and versions.
- Design cloud solutions with a focus on delivery of multiple technology flavours, multiple customers and multi-datacentre/site architectures.
- Act as a mentor and coach to technical specialists, providing leadership and technical guidance in ensuring delivery of the best possible service to SCC and its customers.
- To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in accordance with corporate ISO accreditation levels.
- Assist in the creation of design standards, policies and processes to improve working efficiencies by use of Reference Architecture standards and templates.
- Serve on project, technology, product and transition review boards to ensure all documentation and designs are in line with current internal standards, roadmaps and frameworks.
- To perform any other duties from time to time that may be required by your line Manager.
- Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, positive, organised and driven with a track record of delivering to tight timescales and having an appreciation of support and service transition. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and ability to handle work with multiple customers and projects.
- Experience of working at all stakeholder levels and be adaptable to changing and developing environments.
- Strong background with core network, compute and storage technologies in large-scale deployments.
- Detailed technical knowledge of the Microsoft technology stack including Active Directory and Exchange, virtualisation technology (Hyper-V and/or VMWare), Citrix/VDI, Networking, database and storage technologies backed with practical experience in a corporate environment preferably serving customers.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents.
- Excellent people and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to disseminate the right level of technical or solution information intended for the correct audience.
- Excellent documentation skills across technical, process and customer facing documentation.
- Patience and the ability to remain calm under pressure and working to tight deadlines.
- Experience of Cloud technologies including automation and orchestration toolsets (SCVMM, BMC, AWS, Azure).
- Exposure to project management and service management industry best practises (PRINCE2, ITIL v3).
- Exposure and experience of technical architecture frameworks including TOGAF.
- Experience of developing reference architectures, standards and frameworks.