SCC Professional Services provides technology consulting, architecture, design and implementation services to our public and commercial sector customers.
The role of the Technical Architect is part of the End User Computing division of SCC Services, requiring “thought leadership” and strategic direction in the individuals’ specialist technology field, as well as a broad understanding across multiple technologies. As an established expert the position provides a focal point in delivering enterprise scale infrastructure services to the SCC customer base.
The objective of the Technical Architect engagement is to create a technology solution that will deliver against the customer’s objectives and meet SCC’s requirements for increasing business through profitable and structured engagements in the required technology domains. Being a subject matter expert the Technical Architect will deliver or technically manage the delivery of the solution.
The Technical Architect will hold industry recognised certifications in their key technologies and look to keep these updated as well as acting as a mentor to other staff implementing or supporting these technologies.
Flexibility and agility must be a part of the personal skills as well as a proper understanding of correct process and adherence to quality principles.
Typically involved from the pre-sales stages of a customer engagement the Technical Architect will be responsible for conceptualising and designing to a detailed level the overall solution, or developing further high level designs produced by Solution Architects.
Main Duties of the Job:
- Conceptualise and Design complex solutions, covering multiple sites, and including hosted Data Centre infrastructures.
- Technical ownership of project delivery and engaging closely with the Project Manager to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Run technical workshops covering multiple technologies.
- Perform (if required) presales activity as required in support of the Professional Services and Sales teams.
- The role requires detailed design skills specific to the individuals technology specialisation complemented by an architecture-level appreciation of all relevant complementary technologies.
- Demonstrating an ongoing, proactive approach, working alongside Professional Services Solution Architecture in developing and delivering service offerings based on industry best practice and “new to market” technologies.
- Development and delivery of technology specific presentations to both large audience seminars and project workshop environments.
- Maintain knowledge of project delivery methodologies and technology roadmaps in the particular field of specialisation.
- Maintain a broad understanding of competitive products to the individuals specialisation, an understanding of their architectural principles and, where appropriate, design skills and accreditations in these products
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of industry standards relevant to the role.
- To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in order to maintain corporate ISO/GDPR accreditation levels.
- To obtain and maintain technical accreditations as required by management in accordance with the guidelines provided by manufacturers and software vendors.
- Act as a mentor in leading and developing other peer groups or team members.
- Work in conjunction with the appropriate sales personnel to understand the opportunities for Professional Services within their accounts and develop team skills to meet the requirement.
- At all times to provide a courteous service and professional approach to customers and to the delivery of allocated tasks as required.
- To perform any other duties which, from time to time may be allocated by your Team Leader/Line Manager.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Educated to a high standard, preferably with a relevant degree and with good technical background.
- Experience in architecting and implementing EUC Microsoft Core solutions with in depth experience in Migrating from Windows 7/8 to 10, MDT, SCCM, Intune / EMS, AutoPilot; linked to Active Directory services for Group Policy and application delivery methods
- Awareness of other EUC technologies such as Citrix, VMware, IVANTI, Riverbed, HP and other eco-system 3rd party vendors that add value to our propositions
- Suitable Accreditations in supporting technologies is also beneficial such as MCSE/VCP.
- 10 years plus relevant experience in IT industry focused on delivering enterprise scale infrastructure solutions.
- Commercially aware with strong client facing and vendor relationship development skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, enabling the presentation of complex technical solutions.
- Experience in working with and defining delivery methodologies
- An understanding of Project management fundamentals
- Team player but with the ability to work unaided
- Professional appearance and manners
- Positive and constructive attitude in all work related matters
- Strong hand-on technical capability
- Strong time management skills