Job: Stores Operative
Control the movement of stock through the local stores, engineer vehicles and the business in general. Review logistic reports to help control and manage stock aligned to engineers and sites. To control stock with accuracy and Assist with deliveries and engineering requirements when and if required and to take required action to ensure the SCC logistics infrastructure supports the attainment of contractual SLA to SCC customers.
• Handling and booking in parts received from suppliers and other SCC branches.
• Handling and recording all good and bad stock items received from engineers and remote locations.
• Checking all bad returns from engineers and remote locations for Warranty purposes.
• Managing return of parts via the warranty process where required
• Running picking list reports every 15 minutes and shipping parts to locations as required
• Responding to telephone requests and emails from engineers and other stores and departments including logistics, purchasing and warranty.
• Creating daily manifests for all movement of good and bad stock and customer repairs for tracking purposes.
• Own and manage logistics reports to include PNPU, outstanding flight kit, outstanding RMA and any other associated reports.
• Review and manage local stock discrepancies
• Contact logistics for all Same Day authorisations
• Keep stores associated areas tide and free from hazards
• Be acquainted with all Risk Assessments associated with the stores persons role
• Install parts where required to a basic level i.e plug in, turn on and test
• Performing Perpetual Inventory Checks on all stock locations in line with the PI schedule – to include engineer and site locations as required and to input all data to standards required.
• Cascade information and training to other stores persons
• Assist Engineers in field operations to include two persons lift, collection of parts from sites (including sites without SCC team presence)
• Same-day part deliveries
• Any other reasonable request from your line management
• Representing SCC in a professional and positive manner at all times
• Be compliant with management system policies, company policies & guidelines and take responsibility for health & safety in the workplace
• Must be professional and presentable at all times.
• Must have full UK driving Licence where required to perform the role.
• Respond to any requests for information from your line management in a timely manner
• Work a certain amount of overtime when required to do so.
• Be Familiar with all SCC polices and processes relevant to the role and/or your responsibilities to SCC and our customers.
• Be Familiar with customer policies and processes where applicable
• Open UPTIME
• Microsoft Excel
• Courier systems
• Telephone Skills
• Driving Licence
• Stock management
• Warehouse management