We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres . We are Europe’s leading privately owned IT services organisation . We maintain and repair the IT systems of many of the UK’s largest commercial companies and public sector bodies .
We now have an exciting career opportunity for a Stores Operative to control the movement of good and faulty stock through our stores network and engineers’ cars/vans .
The role will also involve some manual handling of computer equipment .
* Handling and booking in parts received from suppliers and other SCC branches.
* Handling and recording all good and bad stock items received from engineers and remote locations.
* Checking all bad returns from engineers for warranty purposes.
* Running reports and shipping parts to locations by sameday or overnight courier.
* Responding to telephone requests and emails from engineers and other departments including logistics, purchasing and warranty.
* Creating daily manifests for all movement of good and bad stock and customer repairs for tracking purposes.
* Keeping all stores locations tidy in compliance with Health & Safety requirements.
* Performing Inventory/Stock Checks on all stock locations to a quarterly schedule.
We are looking for :
* Good level of IT literacy to use our computerised administration system.
* Organised and able to work independently and/or as part of a team.
* Ability of managing courier activities ie drop off , collections , same day requests etc .
* Valid UK driving license is essential
* Advantageous to have experience working in an IT or engineering environment .
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills .
Then click the response button now !
Interview will be held in Crayford .
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.