The ServiceNow Technical Architect (TA) role is to provide guidance and architectural oversight to create well-defined solutions that are aligned to the IT strategy and leverage best practices, standards, common solutions and services.
The TA will work closely with the ServiceNow Service Architects (SA) to lead the technical architecture design required for a number of projects across multiple client organisations.
The TA will design technical solution architectures to ensure that these meet the requirements of the project, facilitate the future strategic direction thereafter through a design that can be built upon, and leveraged against.
The understanding of the ServiceNow configuration and architecture is fundamental to ensuring the solutions are technically sound and efficient to best deliver the operational processed in the most effective and efficient manner, whilst in sympathy with all complimentary ServiceNow products and solutions across the platform.
The TA will also bring experience and knowledge to formulate the correct technical roadmap and strategic approach across the ServiceNow family releases. Ensuring all new features and enhancements are best upgraded across our solutions as applicable.
• Work collaboratively with Senior Management Sales Team to drive customer growth and profitability
• Build excellent relationships with both customers and internal SCC stakeholders. Be a collaborative partner with other internal departments to deliver the best possible customer experience.
• Ensure customer and internal perceptions and expectations are understood and plans are aligned to facilitate improvement
• Be the proactive face of SCC working closely with Account Management
• Ensure that a high profile is maintained and that all stakeholders have the visibility of the Service Delivery
• Take ownership, where required, of account issues and escalations to facilitate progress and resolution with stakeholders and functional units
• Keep senior SCC management informed of major service issues
• Ensure Account Plans are created and maintained for customers within the portfolio.
• Be aware of opportunities to extend, negotiate and expand the SCC undertaking and drive incremental revenue (pull through)
• Understand the Customers business, the Account plans and also SCC Company Strategy
• Engage with Account Management to provide a consistent approach and to assist with opportunities
Financial, Commercial & Contract Management
• Ensures commercial / service charges are managed and invoiced in line with Financial cadence
• Oversee the management of Service Credit negotiations
• Management of the underlying cost of Service as defined in the agreed Service Cost Model
• Continually review cost model/delivery approach to drive down the cost of delivery
• Be familiar with the SCC financial models that control the P&L, margin and cost base
• Oversee the day-to-day contract mechanics (such as management of change (CCN) – variations to contract) performed by the Service Delivery Managers
• Provide support and guidance to Service Delivery Managers and Account Management in renewals and extensions
• Engage with Service Design to ensure that Design and Cost models are fit for purpose
• Engage with contract negotiations and transition to ensure the Service Delivery requirements are encompassed in new customer contracts.
• Provide timely Financial Reporting and Updates
Service Improvement & Value Creation
• Manage and continually improve customer’s perception and satisfaction with SCC and its services
• Measure customer satisfaction on a regular basis for all customers. Ensure completion of the CSAT surveys in accordance with SCC defined cadence
• Act upon comments and observations within the CSAT process
• Increase the value add proposition by fully understanding the requirements of the customer and what they perceive as value from the SCC
• Working in association with customers and internal stakeholders, identify and manage Critical Success Factors that reflect the agreed service improvements and that can be appropriately measured via KPIs or other measures.
• Oversee execution of service improvement. Ensure service improvement plans exist and are regularly acted upon for customers
• Drive through initiatives/ opportunities for additional services, early contract renewal or transformation
• Ensure an agreed escalation process for services issues is in place and understood by the team and customer
• Ensure Service Delivery managers own escalations and effectively contribute to the escalation management process
• Review service breakdowns to implement process improvement opportunities
• Measure and maintain OLA’s and SLA’s
• Ensure that the contracted services are fit for purpose for the customer requirements
• Oversee identification and management of operational service risks for all customers within portfolio
• Put service quality measurements are in place and a service excellence ethos promoted
• Ensure consistent process and documentation is applied across customers
Reporting & Governance
• Oversee Continuous Service Improvement(CSI) and Service Improvement Plans ( SIP ) and agreed measurements managed by the Service Delivery Managers for each customer
• Work with the appropriate stakeholder teams, ensure that the standard SCC tool sets deliver the appropriate / defined contracted customer service reporting at agreed frequencies
• Ensure the correct governance framework and cadence are in place with each customer
• Ensure Stakeholder alignment to the agreed governance
• Ensure agreed performance statistics and reporting are provided to the customer
Operational Contract Management
• Be fully conversant with the portfolio of customer contracts and its operational translation. Work internally to remove any ambiguity.
• Oversee the sign off Request for Change and associated risks both internally and with the Customer. Sign off high risk or large change.
• Ensure the Service Delivery Manager is actively involved in on boarding the customer and in finalising the contract.
• Take an active role in overseeing the transition into service for new Customers and additional services, ensuring AIS is completed and any known risks are managed. Align a Service Delivery Manager to the customer before contract is finalised.
• Ensure effective and early lines of communication with Projects and Transition to mitigate potential impact to live service.
• Support the Major Incident Management process as needed.
• Provide Management and oversight of 3rd Parties/Supplier within the defined Service Model
• Ensure consistent process and documentation across the team work with other Heads to ensure this is consistent across the department.