Responsible for the development of integration software required for IT Projects for the SCH Group and the SCC customers whereby ServiceNow solutions form part of the integration requirement. Whilst this role may include the use of various web-based and ServiceNow technologies it is not web or ServiceNow development role. Where ServiceNow integration solutions are not required the role will be engaged in other software integrations within SCH Group.
Main Duties of the Job
Key Responsibilities would include:
• Responsible for the following :
o Coordination (when necessary) with the Lead Developer or Team Manager to
Qualify Development requirements
Estimate Development timescale
Produce Technical Specification
Provide regular management information to Lead Developer and / or Team Manager.
• Development and implementation of the software required, by the timescale agreed.
• Provision of 4th Line developer support.
• Analysis of development designs to ensure that they are both practical and re-usable.
• Ensure quality of ‘product’ produced is high.
• Implementation of resilience, sufficient auditing and documentation in all software to facilitate handover to Service Management.
• Technology –
o Monitoring and recommendation of industry trends and advances in products and solutions that could be utilised to improve the team’s performance/capacity.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Commercial awareness.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure in a project based environment.
• Time management skills
• Proven track record or technical understanding of software application integrations, data transformation etc.
• Experience or understanding of ServiceNow based around configuration and development.
• Experience or understanding of scripting in ServiceNow (Business Riles, UI Pages, UI Macros, etc.)
• Proven track record or understanding of Service Orientated Architectures (SOA)
• Technical knowledge and proven track record in – Visual Studio & TFS, C#.Net / VB.NET, SQL Server 2008+, TSQL (including Stored Procedures, UDFs etc.) , XML, XSLT, JSON, SSIS/DTS, SOAP,REST and OData Web Services.
• Proven track record or understanding of commercial supply chain processes.
• Experience with MS Azure / Dynamics 365O / Power Apps
• SharePoint development / administration
• Awareness / understanding of ITIL processes.
• ServiceNow Integration design and development experience.
• Excellent knowledge of ServiceNow Best Practices and latest features
• ServiceNow Implementation accreditation.