Overall Job Purpose
In this role, the ServiceNow Developer will be responsible for supporting the Development Manager in all aspects of ServiceNow development.
This role would be well suited with someone who already has Senior ServiceNow Development experience or an experienced ServiceNow Developer who is ready to move up.
Main Duties of the Job
Key Responsibilities would include, but not limited to:
- Working with Development Manager, manage development pipeline to ensure all sprints and stories are worked on, delivered to a high standard and on time.
- Designate work assignments of team.
- In collaboration with the team implement and maintain best practices to design and implement well documented, maintainable code.
- Serves as main point of contact for support, administration and maintenance of ServiceNow platform and associated applications.
- Configure and develop ServiceNow to high standards, setting standards for other developers.
- Work closely with development team in Vietnam to ensure smooth delivery of development projects.
- Work with application support team to provide handover of development projects into production support.
- Review developments and provide constructive feedback, recommendations and support to developers.
- Provide analysis and documentation of code, development processes and work instructions.
- Provide technical review, design, develop, enhance, test, and debug ServiceNow, forms and workflows.
- Maintain an understanding of ServiceNow modules and software licensing functionality.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management, employees and our Customers.
- Support release management
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Understand ServiceNow platform architecture
- Keep up to date with ServiceNow releases and platform changes.
- Experience with custom application development including Custom Service Portal widget creation. Experience with rebuilding legacy applications in ServiceNow a plus.
- Experience developing and customizing core applications such as Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge, and Service Catalog.
- Support a central repository for development team.
- Troubleshoot and support.
- Experience mentoring ServiceNow team members, providing feedback and support
- Experience implementing systems using the Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Excellent customer interface, coordination, and organizational skills.
- 3+ years of hands-on, with in depth understanding of ServiceNow functionality and how ITIL processes can be implemented in ServiceNow including, but not limited to Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Asset Management, CMDB Management, Service Catalog, Knowledge Management, and Service Portal modules in an ITSM enterprise support environment.
- Understanding of ServiceNow Platform development technologies, patterns, and best practises.
- Provides support for implementation, including patching, cloning, and platform upgrades.
- Familiarity with scoped application development and deployment.
- Strong Service Desk Operation and NOC experience
- Excellent knowledge of ServiceNow Best Practices and latest features
- ServiceNow Certified Administrator
- ServiceNow Implementation accreditation.
- SQL database or relational database skills