Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, the Service Support Analyst is an excellent team player and communicator who will work primarily with members of the End User Computer (EUC), Stores and Asset teams to ensure the success of the services delivered into our customer.
Success in this role will be demonstrated through being a positive and pro-active team player in the Service Delivery Team. The role requires great coordination/organisation skills and the ability to interrogate data.
To provide an insight to this person’s work week/month, as it can be irregular, tasks will be a spilt into regular primary activities coupled with a selection of secondary roles/tasks that will change throughout the year covering multiple aspects of the IT operation. This is suited to a person who likes various challenges and not the same work every day, which can bring an unpredictable work week.
2. Main Duties of Job:
The position will initially consist of mini-secondments to various areas of the IT operation to understand each role to the point they can independently perform it. This is to provide mixture of backfill cover in the cases of absence, annual leave or peak demand periods.
• Creation and delivery of the Monthly Service Report
• Creating and maintaining Service Review Minutes and agendas
• Create Report Data and analysis in a timely manner for the service delivery team
• Managing Customer escalations and queries through to completion. This will involve using and interrogating multiple tools sets and speaking to variety of internal staff and customers.
• Updating and maintaining the Risk Register and Service Improvement plans
Supporting Key Roles
The candidate will learn each role highlighted below, understanding all the key tasks and objectives undertaken weekly and monthly to provide backfill and cover across the operation. Short term cover will also be required infrequently across customer sites where required. (For example; cover 1 week annual leave for a member of staff at the Bristol site if required. Hotel and travel provided)
• Stores Person
• EUC Administrator
• EUC Request Engineer
• EUC Auditor
As well as providing backfill when required, the candidate will be required to perform aspects of each role on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to contribute towards the overall team such as:
• Contribute towards around 50% of the annual UK multi-site audit of all assets
• Contribute towards the fulfilment of Service Requests and delivery of IT equipment to customers.
• Assist the administration team in the triage and management of Service Requests to ensure that queues are managed successfully in a timely manner.
• Assist with the processing of asset administration to maintain the integrity of the Asset database.
• Act as the voice of the customer internally supported by IT Service Delivery Manager and IT Service Manager.
• Build relationships with both Customer and internal SCC stakeholders
• Contribute towards and support the IT Service Delivery Manager in the resolution of account issues and escalations and take ownership of BAU issues.
Service Improvement & Value Creation
• Assists in taking action on specific Customer responses
• Assist SDM in improving and creating processes to support and improve the operation.
• Assists the SDM with the internal coordination of service issues
• Assists the SDM with measuring and maintaining OLA’s and SLA’s
• Assists the SDM with measuring and reporting of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Critical Success Factors (CSFs)
• Assists the SDM to ensures Service Quality measurements are in place and a “service excellence” ethos promoted
• Contribute to creation and maintenance of Service processes
• Manage and maintenance of internal Knowledge bases
Reporting & Governance
• Provide administrative support in Service Reviews
• Provide reporting to support the Service Improvement Process as owned by the appropriate level of Service Delivery Management
• Creates, update and manages service and trend reporting
• Updates internal processes for consistency and induction of new staff (i.e. escalation processes, contact maps, quality manuals)
• Completes agendas, minutes, actions and associated reporting
• Ensures agreed performance statistics and reporting are provided to the Service Delivery Manager
• Distributes Service Review agenda and minutes
• Collate reports for operational reviews as required
3. Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Customer facing experience and Customer service skills. A passion for Customer service.
• Ability to manage administration and multiple tasks in an accurate and timely manner, often against deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively at the appropriate levels, internally and externally with Customers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Intermediate Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills, with a demonstrable ability to build well-presented and logical documents and presentations
• Ability to translate and communicate business requirements and service requirements / specifications to varying levels of audience
• Ability to work to deadlines under pressure
• Physically fit and able to carry out manual handling operations as required (primarily for stores cover)
• Knowledge of Managed Services methodologies
• General understanding of the IT industry, infrastructure systems and hosting
• Experience of working within/aligning to an ITIL environment
• ITIL Foundation Qualification
• Advanced Excel / data manipulation skills
4. Success Criteria
• Monthly SDR report is accurately produced and delivered on time
• Successful provision of backfill support to identified roles
• Positive feedback from internal and external customers