Managerial role reporting to the Head Service Operations (IPCC).
The role will be accountable for the operational delivery of the Major Incident Management (MIM) and Problem Management Services, to both internal and external customers.
Main Duties of the role:
• Leading a team of Major Incident and Problem Managers based across multiple locations
• Provide governance of the Major Incident and Problem Management process, policy and procedures ensuring that they meet customer requirements and are aligned to SCC standards
• Own and prioritise service improvement activities
• Define and measure success metrics and monitor progress
• Delivery against service performance metrics
• Production and distribution of weekly and monthly reporting to agreed stakeholders.
• Service acceptance for new business in readiness for operational go-live
• Initial point of escalation for all Major Incidents
• Point of escalation to achieve resolution of Major Incidents and Problems
• Customer service focussed, establishing and maintaining good customer relationships
• Determine toolset requirements
• Responsible for setting and tracking progress of objectives and personal development plans
• Identify, investigate and recommend changes in the delivery of services, aimed at reducing cost and improving the quality of service provision to the customer.
• Support daily operational review(s) as required
• Conduct and report upon the output of Due Diligence across the Major Incident Management service for new business as part of Service Transition. Attend Major Incident Management workshops for new customer.
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
The following general capabilities will be required:
• Strong leadership and demonstrable experience
• Ability to motivate, mentor and manage others
• Strong ability to influence others
• Financial acumen
• Commercial and contractual awareness
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Perform activities with only minimal guidance from management
• Good analytical skills; a structured and methodical approach
• Highly organised, with the ability to plan for short- to medium-term objectives
• Strong service attitude; builds lasting customer relationships, strives for efficiency and effectiveness catering for internal and external resolvers
• Commitment to quality standards and continuous improvement
• Demonstrable customer presentation experience to all levels of customer interface
• Delivery of effective training packages in line with defined process and procedure packages (internally & external to customers)
• Extensive experience in customer / business interface communication – The ability to support a customer in the understanding of the ITIL structure and process and champion the Major Incident/ Problem Management process, aligning this with the customer’s processes & expectations
• Broad technical understanding
Specialist Skills and Knowledge
The person selected for this position must be able to show that they have relevant practical experience of:
• Proven customer support experience in a large scale and diverse environment, with a particular emphasis on the use of problem management processes, escalation procedures and related disciplines
• Knowledge and use of Service Management software, preferably ServiceNow
• An extensive understanding of Service Level Agreements and their application
• Contract application knowledge based on business deliverables
• Strong skills in business relationship management with significant experience of leading strategic level discussions at customer and SCC Senior management level
• An ability to get things done in a matrix environment through persuasion and influence
• Strong peering skills and ability to influence across disciplines with credibility
• Certification in and commitment to service management best practice as defined by ITIL
• ITIL V3 intermediate
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
• Calm approach to difficult situations.
• Ability to deliver structured detail to all levels of customer or SCC organisation.
• Data analysis experience.
• Utilisation of Knowledge Base application.