SCC – Specialist Computer Centres is the leading IT services organisation in Europe.
We have been established for over 40 years and have a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
Our business continues to grow creating an opportunity for a Service Operations Manager based at our offices in Birmingham.
Overall Job Purpose:
The Service Operations Manager will work across our Service Operations, Technical Operations and broader DCS functions to ensure coherent integration of the services delivered and that delivery is governed, measured, and continuously improved.
Essential Duties of the Job:
- Reviews and evaluates how Service Operations Services and Processes are operating; identifying, defining and delivering improvement initiatives to increase service efficiency, consistency and control across SCC Service Operations
- Leads all DCS Governance forums, ensuring relevant actions are identified, owned, tracked and communicated. Provides analysis and insight via management information, to indicate service performance, compliance, operational effectiveness and efficiency, whilst identifying areas where this can be improved.
- Leads the Operational on-boarding of new Technologies and Services ensuring these are integrated into existing SCC operating models. Ensures SCC Service Transition and Project teams, understand and deliver against agreed Service Acceptance Criteria, governing progress and the end to end AIS process.
- Defines and measures the delivery of service metrics and key performance indicators associated to the delivery of Service Operations services across DCS
- Acts as a point of escalation for BAU Operational activities
- Works across the DCS function to ensure Knowledge of Service Operations services is defined, stored, reviewed and communicated, identifying through data analysis where further education, support and/or correction is required
- To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in accordance with corporate ISO accreditation levels.
- To perform any other duties that may be required by Head of Service Operations, Service Operations Managers or DCS management.
Attributes of Successful Candidate
- Determined, can-do attitude
- Ability to find problems/issues and come up with best practice solutions to fix
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline intensive environment
- Ability to prioritise, plan and track multiple activities simultaneously
- Comfortable operating at all levels and leveraging peer relationships to both challenge and influence behaviours and outcomes
- Professional and presentable at all times
- ITIL operationally focussed
Skills Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrable ITIL knowledge/accreditation focusing on Service Operations, Service Transition and Continual Service Improvement with the ability to practically apply appropriate methods
- Strong service attitude and ethic; builds lasting customer relationships, strives for efficiency and effectiveness catering for internal and external resolvers
- Strong leadership with demonstrable experience of motivating, mentoring, influencing and matrix-managing others, at varying levels of seniority
- Resilience with the ability to remain focused and calm under pressure. Makes timely, correct decisions based on facts, reliably and consistently
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrable customer presentation experience to varying levels of seniority
- Highly organised, with the ability to plan, and adapt based on external factors
- Extensive experience in customer / business interface communication – The ability to support a customer in the understanding of the ITIL framework and processes
- Experience of producing detailed management information with the ability to extrapolate and translate underlying themes or focus areas
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to disseminate the right level of information intended for the correct audience.
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.