Managerial role reporting to the Head Service Operations (IPCC).
This role will be accountable for the operational delivery of the Change, Configuration & Release Management Services, to both internal and external customers.
Main Duties of the role:
- Leading a team of Change, Configuration and Release Managers, based across multiple locations
- Provide governance of the Change, Configuration & Release Management process, policy and procedures ensuring that they meet customer requirements and are aligned to SCC standards.
- Own and prioritise Service Improvement activities
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor progress
- Delivery against service performance metrics
- Production and distribution of weekly and monthly reporting to agreed stakeholders
- Service acceptance for new business in readiness for operational go-live
- Point to escalation to resolve delays in change processing or inaccurate CMDB data
- Establish and maintain good customer relationships
- Determine toolset requirements
- Responsible for setting and tracking progress of objectives and personal development plans
- Identify, investigate and recommend changes in the delivery of services, aimed at reducing cost and improving the quality of service provision to the customer
- Support daily operational review(s) as required
- Conduct and report upon the output of due diligence across Change, Release and Configuration Management services for new business, as part of Service Transition.
- Attend Change, Release and Configuration management workshops for new customers
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
The following general capabilities will be required:
- Strong leadership and demonstrable experience
- Ability to motivate, mentor and manage others
- Strong ability to influence others
- Financial acumen
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Perform activities with only minimal guidance from management
- Good analytical skills; a structured and methodical approach
- Highly organised, with the ability to plan for short- to medium-term objectives
- Strong service attitude; builds lasting customer relationships, strives for efficiency and effectiveness catering for internal and external resolvers
- Commitment to quality standards and continuous improvement
- Demonstrable customer presentation experience to all levels of customer interface
- Delivery of effective training packages in line with defined process and procedure packages (internally & external to customers)
- Extensive experience in customer / business interface communication – The ability to support a customer in the understanding of the ITIL structure and process and champion the Change, Configuration & Release Management process, aligning this with the customer’s processes & expectations
- Broad technical understanding
Specialist Skills and Knowledge
The person selected for this position must be able to show that they have relevant practical experience of:
- Proven customer support experience in a large scale and diverse environment, with a particular emphasis on the use of Change, Configuration and Release Management processes, escalation procedures and related disciplines
- Knowledge and use of Service Management software, preferably ServiceNow
- An extensive understanding of Service Level Agreements and their application
- Contract application knowledge based on business deliverables
- Strong skills in business relationship management with significant experience of leading strategic level discussions at customer and SCC Senior management level
- An ability to get things done in a matrix environment through persuasion and influence
- Strong peering skills and ability to influence across disciplines with credibility
- Certification in and commitment to service management best practice as defined by ITIL
- Knowledge of SCCM
- ITIL V3 intermediate
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Calm approach to difficult situations.
- Ability to deliver structured detail to all levels of customer or SCC organisation.
- Data analysis experience.
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.