We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre services continues to grow both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our Birmingham Data Centre as a Service Operations Manager.
Overall Job Purpose:
The Service Operations Manager – will work across our Service Operations function to ensure the Major Incident Service, utilised internally and across our customer base is delivered efficiently and effectively, whilst continuously improved.
The Service Operations Manager, whilst focused on Major Incident Management will be required to have a solid working appreciation of all Service Operations processes and the interdependencies between them in order to optimise the delivery of their service.
Essential Duties of the Job:
- Ownership of the Major Incident Management process, policy and procedures ensuring that they meet customer requirements and are aligned to SCC standards.
- Leading the team of Major Incident Managers, based across multiple locations; being responsible for setting the team vision & direction and tracking progress of objectives and personal development plans
- Identify, and own changes in the delivery of services, aimed at making the service cheaper, faster and better by reducing cost and improving the quality of service provision to the customer
- Defines owns and prioritises Service Improvement activities
- Define and measure and delivery of, service metrics and key performance indicators associated to the delivery of Service Operations services
- Acts as a point of escalation for BAU Operational activities
- Defines ITSM toolset requirements and sponsors required activity to implement
- To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in accordance with corporate ISO accreditation levels.
- To perform any other duties that may be required by Head of Service Operations, Service Operations Managers or DCS management.
Attributes of Successful Candidate
- Determined, can-do attitude
- A tenacious, engaging leader and builder of operational teams
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline intensive environment
- Ability to prioritise, plan and track multiple activities simultaneously
- Professional and presentable at all times
- ITIL operationally focussed
Skills Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrable ITIL knowledge/accreditation focusing on Service Operations, with the ability to practically apply appropriate methods
- Strong service attitude and ethic; builds lasting customer relationships, strives for efficiency and effectiveness catering for internal and external resolvers
- Strong leadership with demonstrable experience of motivating, mentoring, influencing and matrix-managing others, at varying levels of seniority
- Resilience with the ability to remain focused and calm under pressure. Makes timely, correct decisions based on facts, reliably and consistently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrable customer presentation experience to varying levels of seniority
- Highly organised, with the ability to plan, and adapt based on external factors
- Commitment to quality standards and continuous improvement
- Extensive experience in customer / business interface communication – The ability to support a customer in the understanding of the ITIL framework and processes
- Knowledge and use of Service Management software, preferably ServiceNow
- A well rounded understanding of Service Agreements and the application of these to deliver Services