We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre services continues to grow both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our Birmingham Data Centre
SCC is looking to introduce an exciting & challenging new role within its Birmingham Data Centre Services to ensure the smooth design & introduction of new services.
· Overall responsibility ensuring that all new customers, changes or additions to live services are managed effectively, efficiently and diligently through SCC’s Delivery Lifecycle into business as usual operational service.
· Familiarise themselves with existing DCS Services & processes, including tooling and resources consumed during delivery and operation.
· Co-ordinates with other SCC Service Management roles and processes in the packaging and acceptance of a new Service.
· Ensures that appropriate service descriptions/schedules are developed, reviewed, approved and recorded adhering to SCC governance.
· Ensure that the right documentation is delivered with each New Service and the correct levels of due diligence and internal reviews are completed.
· Responsible for reporting of management information related to the pipeline of new Services and the status of delivery.
· Look to improve current processes and help to define standard transition plans & acceptance criteria for each known services.
Service Design & Introduction Planning
Service Design & Introduction Co-ordination Support:
· Responsible for supporting service design teams in delivering service designs by ensuring requirements are fully gathered in accordance to SCC’s Delivery Lifecycle.
· Ensure the right resources and capabilities are identified to building new services to help support the delivery service into operation.
· Ensure a consistent governed approach to designing new or changed services is adopted throughout the lifecycle.
· Identify and manage process issues, problems and improvement opportunities.
Service Design & Introduction Co-ordination & Monitoring
· Co-ordinate the production of all required documentation is completed, governed and updated to professional standards.
· Where necessary, take a lead by example approach and contribute to the delivery of quality documentation.
· Serves as the communications hub to all interested parties during Service Design & Introduction
· Provide evidence to support if requirements can be met or need to be renegotiated with the production of service documentation/architects.
Service Design & Introduction Acceptance
|Skills Knowledge & Experience|
|The ideal candidate will be a determined and self-motivated individual with a track record of working with a datacentre technology stack and an appreciation of support and service introduction/transition. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and able to handle work with multiple customers and projects. Candidate must have experience of working in a large solution provider with a rapidly expanding customer base.
· Proven Service Integration/Transition experience in a large scale and diverse environment and in-depth knowledge within a relevant service design & delivery discipline or framework.
· Exceptional Data Centre knowledge.
· Must be highly organised and able to track and plan short and medium term objectives.
· A strong technical & service technical background in order to identify opportunities or potential problems – addressing them effectively and efficiently.
· Experience of being highly accountable for the design and quality of key documentation and processes.
· Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail.
· This role will involve co-ordination and communication with various skilled groups and individuals within SCC, therefore the role requires high organisational, collaboration and excellent communication & presentation skills.
· Strong peering skills and ability to influence across disciplines with credibility
· Ability to respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
· Foundation level ITIL qualification
· Project Management Experience
· Project Management Certification
· Real world ITIL experience
· ITIL intermediate/practitioner certifications
· Understanding of a distributed break-fix / managed service delivery environment.