Overall Job Purpose:
The Service Assurance Manager’s role is to provide an effective Service Assurance function for their nominated customers. An ambassador for excellent Customer Service with a focus on driving the best Customer Satisfaction results.
Reporting to the Service Governance Manager, as a lead for the Service Assurance team ensuring assessment and governance of the Service Centre processes and procedures, through effective quality checks and reporting.
Main Duties of Job:
- Establish and maintain strong and productive relationships with internal teams to ensure that service performance is effectively managed, monitored, and issues are dealt with promptly and in line with contractual obligations.
- Own service improvement opportunities, driving results and customer satisfaction on Service Centre functions
- Manage the quality of service for new customer transitions through early life support
- Support the implementation of new processes or technologies, including the responsibility for testing.
- Work directly with customers to resolve any issues through to a satisfactory resolution.
- Work closely with Service Centre management across all Service Desk sites, delivering data, customer profile updates and service improvement plans
- Provide MI reporting from quality and assurance checks to management team
- Ensure call monitoring for quality checks are performed
- Resolution of quality or process issues in agreement with Service Governance manager
- Assist in project related activity to ensure a smooth delivery into service.
- Create/ Review / Update and maintain documentation within the Service Assurance and Service Desk (processes / procedures / guidelines)
- Perform Crisis management in the event of a major outage.
- Assist in audit and business continuity activities
- Cover in the absence of the Service Desk Governance Manager
- Manage direct reports for Service assurance co-ordinators
- Manage activities and tasks of the extended service assurance team via remote management practices
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Quality Assurance skills to assess quality and completeness of deliverables would be highly advantageous
- Experience of leading and managing a team (minimum 2 years)
- Proactive, diligent, self-motivated, a strong team player capable of working unsupervised and meeting requirements on their own.
- Broad knowledge of Service Desk(s) processes and procedures.
- Has a driven, quality focussed nature and possesses a “can-do” attitude with a goal-orientated approach.
- Demonstrates a responsible, disciplined and analytical approach even when under pressure.
- Be able to challenge the current way of operating.
- Excellent people and communication skills.