Scope and purpose of Job:
The TM1 Developer is responsible for developing Financial Planning and Analysis and localised reporting applications for the IBM Planning Analytics environment (2.0.8). Working within the Finance Department with strong links to IT, the individual will be key to continuing strong partnering with key stake holders in the business, delivering a coherent environment for financial reporting and analysis.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop new models and applications through design, build and implementation to an agreed priority established by the EMEA TM1 Team based in the UK.
- Design new TM1 applications based on business requirements
- Administer the technical environments optimising its use and experienced at liaising with other Infrastructure teams.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing existing TM1 Cubes & Models
- Develop and set up financial reports, dashboards, reporting solutions and appropriate cubes and interfaces.
- Triage BAU tickets on behalf of the Global environment and applications, offering solutions for approval within the TM1 Team and implementing recommendations
- Document changes & developments
- Self-motivated, results-orientated
- Able to work with minor supervision
- Must be comfortable working as part of team or individually
- Strong customer focused approach dealing with all levels of staff with different skill sets, preferably gained within a Finance Department, whilst able to get the message across and deliver the right technical solution
- Confident in delivering all phases of a TM1 project life-cycle
- Significant experience building and implementing TM1 solutions from scratch using the most adequate solution (i.e. TIs vs Rules, TM1 Web vs Contributor etc)
- Confident to discuss business processes and data requirements with stakeholders and take the functional requirements to convert these into technical specifications.
- Able to appropriately challenge the customers on requirements to avoid unbalanced complexity vs benefits.
- Can keep things as simple as possible.
- Able to communicate model design in an easy way to customers and EMEA TM1 team
- Design and manage component testing, user acceptance testing, deployment and documentations
- Experience of working in an agile methodology
- Work with the customer to identify and prioritise business requirements.
- Allow time in planning daily tasks for BAU activities, both environmental and application specific.
- Seek to share knowledge and best practise across the TM1 Team
- Advise on training needs pertinent to the role
- Be flexible in approach to workload and other colleagues
- Work closely with the TM1 Team to meet cross training requirements on TM1 models and/or support others.
- Strong development and modelling background using Cognos TM1 Perspectives, TM1 Web, Performance Modeller and Contributor applications.
- 7 plus years of experience
- Experience of latest IBM Planning Analytics with PAX and PAW useful but not essential.
- Experience of TM1 REST API useful but not essential
- Experience of Pulse / FAP / Controller useful but not essential
- Experience of TM1Py and ApliqoUX is a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English)