Overall Job Purpose:
The Senior Technical Services Manager, will provide CIO advisory, service operations and technical management leadership for SCC Data Centre Services and its customers. The Senior Technical Services Manager position will lead a portfolio within the Technical Service Management team across our global delivery centres of excellence.
The role includes developing productive relationships with SCC customer’s IT leadership, building trust and helping influence the customer technology and service roadmap. This CIO advisory capability requires IT architectural knowledge, a thirst for driving improved customer experience and a thirst for innovation in both technology and IT delivery services.
The Technical Service Management team provide IT management across platforms, technologies and managed service delivery, ensuring the right outcomes are delivered for our customers at the right time; matrix managing teams across technical support and service operations with a need to develop collaborative working by engaging with our global service delivery teams.
The role will involve management, support and collaboration with our offshore locations in the UK, Romania and Vietnam.
Main Duties of the Job:
▪ Lead a small group (portfolio) of Technical Services Managers, ensuring a standardized approach is developed and maintained in service of our customers
▪ Day to Day management and development of the TSM Function and its team members
▪ Define a roadmap for the TSM function that embeds the strategic direction of the TSM function
▪ Provide guidance and support to Technical Service Managers in delivering a premium value-add service to customers
▪ Ensure the TSM Function provides a supporting service on technical and datacentre service matters to the customer account and service management team through pro-active alignment into Data Centre Services, enabling focused single points of contact to important customer accounts
▪ Identify service development, new product development and customer pull-though revenue generating opportunities across the organization and our customers
▪ Ensure the TSM function delivers effective Technical Service Improvement Plans, Technical Risk Logs and customer technical/service strategies are in place and maintained
▪ Recommend Technical Service Improvements and drive forward the best solution and service for the customer
▪ Act as an escalation point for Technical Service Managers where required
▪ Provide input, direction and alignment to the DCS strategy roadmap
▪ Provide support where required to DCS management on technical matters
Additional Duties of the Job:
▪ Directly interact with clients, account managers, technical teams and 3rd parties in order to co-ordinate rapid and effective responses where required
▪ Ability to challenge technical experts in a reasoned and logical manner
▪ Provide technical guidance in improving service across various different technical platforms and technologies
▪ To control and own TSM customer communications standards, and rules of engagement
▪ Building and fostering key customer relationships
▪ High level technical matrix management covering infrastructure/storage/network in order to lead multiple technical teams as part of any major incident.
▪ Provide technical and process Guidance and recommendations across Incident, Problem and Change management within Data Centre Services.
▪ Provide technical and process guidance across various technical areas (infrastructure/storage/network) in order to drive continual service improvement.
▪ To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in accordance with corporate ISO accreditation levels.
▪ Support and be part of an Out of Hours Management escalation process
▪ Provide a courteous service and professional approach to customers and to the delivery of allocated tasks as required.
▪ To perform any other duties from time to time that may be required by Manager.
Attributes of Successful Candidate
▪ Determined, can-do attitude
▪ Ability to lead, inspire and develop staff members
▪ Ability to understand different worldwide culture
▪ Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
▪ Meticulous approach, effective written and oral communicator
▪ Proven Management Skills particularly in a Matrix management environment
▪ Ability to find problems/issues and come up with best practice solutions to fix
▪ Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline intensive environment
▪ Excellent customer service and organisational skills
▪ ITIL focused
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
▪ Strong technical background in infrastructure/storage/network and Cloud technologies
▪ Ability to inspire, lead and provide guidance to Technical Service Managers and in delivering services to customers.
▪ Experience working with remote teams
▪ Excellent broad IT architectural knowledge across Enterprise and Data Centre technology stack
▪ Excellent IT service management knowledge incorporating industry standards such as ISO20000 & ITIL
▪ Excellent knowledge and understanding of full lifecycle of IT service delivery – preferably in Managed Services environments
▪ Senior level IT Management and leadership experience within a Data Centre environment
▪ Proven experience effectively leading fix activities on complex IT issues, sometimes in high-pressure major incident situations
▪ Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
▪ Ability to translate technical terms into language appropriate for customers and internal stakeholders and vice versa
▪ Excellent documentation skills across technical , process and customer facing documentation
▪ Confident character with the ability to deal effectively from Senior level management down to junior Technical Engineer level
▪ Commitment to exceed customers’ expectations