Project management of infrastructure and technical projects.
A strong in-depth technical understanding of IT infrastructures will be required as the Organisation specialises in Infrastructure implementation and transition projects. The ideal candidate will have worked within a Consultancy or Professional Services environment where you have been responsible for a variety of projects in differing environments.
Applicants will need to demonstrate experience as follows;
• 10 years practical industry experience
• Management of the timely delivery of bids and projects to high levels of quality with attention to cost control
• Project planning, monitoring, reporting and controlling in line with structured methodology
• Taking responsibility for the financial and commercial aspects of your projects
• Establishing and maintaining a professional working relationship at multiple levels both within internal teams and with previous clients, involving and managing third parties as necessary
• Providing leadership to internal project teams and external clients
• Sharing knowledge and experience through formal and informal knowledge management initiatives
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• A proven track record in delivering enterprise scale IT infrastructure projects (e.g. Data Centre transformations, desktop roll outs etc…)
• Have worked in a client facing, IT Services / Outsourcing / IT Consultancy background
• Team Leading / monitoring experience
• A focus on Project Delivery (valued between £250k and £1m)
• Experience of overseeing several concurrent projects across multiple industries (e.g. public sector, manufacturing, financial services, retail etc…)
• Prince2, APMP, MSP
• ITIL preferred
The individual will be highly motivated and business aware, with experience of total project ownership, control of budgets and resources as well as staff development and motivation. They will be used to managing staff across a wide range of skills in matrix environment and will typically report into a senior Customer Management team.