The DC modernisation senior product manager will be accountable for the DC modernisation focus area, including improving the existing services and identifying opportunities for developing new innovative services.
This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in a newly created business unit within SCC, reporting to the Head of Product Management. The main focus of the group is to take ownership of all the services to ensure there is a clear proposition outlined for each of SCC’s core focus area’s. Responsibilities will be to own and deliver the full product lifecycle for a mixture of cloud and native services; including proposition strategy, solution design, stakeholder management, launch management, and full lifecycle management through to service end of life.
Main Duties of Job:
- Own and deliver the full product lifecycle a mixture of cloud and native services; including strategy, innovation, design and end of life.
- Building excellent relationships with all of our customers and internal stakeholders in order to clearly understand and represent their business needs for each product area, as well as evangelising the benefits and successes of the product suite
- Working closely with engineers and development to ensure products are built and delivered to the highest quality, with an excellent understanding of commercial pressures
- Driving product solutions with regards to goals, business case, design, service wrap and user interface
- A comprehensive understanding of existing and new propositions through both commercial and analytical reasoning, reporting on ROI over agreed timeframes
- Develop the strategy for pricing, messaging, packaging, promotion and selling of products
- Work closely with marketing teams and sales to develop go-to-market programmes, campaigns and activities
- Train and enable sales and customer support teams on new products and go-to-market initiatives
- Create and/or work closely with marketing content team to core product content for products and go-to-market initiatives
- Serve as an evangelist for products through thought leadership and blogging, social media, and speaking
- Keep the company up-to-date with market trends and competition, and keep us several steps ahead of the competition at all times.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Leadership experience with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An analytical approach, used in a wide range of responsibilities, from customer development, to product adoption, to sales processes.
- Ability to lead and communicate cross-functionally with engineering and other departments
- Have extensive product management experience from a Cloud and/or managed services business.
- Strong understanding of Private and Public Cloud platforms; including Colocation, Dedicated, AWS and Azure.
- Have previously had full product roadmap ownership, from inception to delivery and launch, for a number of products, including end of lifecycle management.
- Ideally have worked on IaaS, PaaS and SaaS products; and delivered new, innovative services.
- Be educated to degree level, or an equivalent.
- Be a self-starter with a good appreciation of business and commercial values.