Overall Job Purpose:
Managing a team that provides efficient and effective support to the Sales Team and the Customer base. Assisting the Internal Account Managers in pro-actively managing the customer requirements, ensuring that all opportunities to increase the business revenues and new lines of business from the customers are achieved.
Main Duties of the Job:
- To understand the Sector and Customer base that your team look after. Working in collaboration with the IAM and external to be aware of all planned projects within the customer base and any specific customer requirements or contracted service levels.
- To ensure all orders, tasks, quotes and other requests are responded to within a timely manner and against associated SLA’s.
- Track progress in relation to quotes, orders, RANs and credits, aged debt, stock holdings.
- Follow SCC best practice to ensure the highest level of service is provided to our Customers, both internal and external.
- Assisting the IAM’s to take ownership and resolution of customer challenges and concerns.
- Ensure all Nominated accounts have fully documented procedures held both in hardcopy and centrally in a shared folder for access by the support team, and that these are kept up to date.
- Ownership of problem resolution/ escalation around delivery of products and services to SCC’s nominated accounts.
- Ensure that a Service Improvement Plan is constructed and maintained for each customer where appropriate
- Review debt by the nominated accounts on a monthly basis. Ensure that an action plan is in place for all debt 60+ days.
- Monthly updates to line manager of team achievements, SLA’s and KPI’s achieved.
- Ensuring that all public sector business abides by the associated framework thus minimising any potential losses to ensure the team continues to maximise their margins.
- 1-2-1 monthly reviews – Delivering 1-2-1 support to all team members as well building a quarterly development plan, driving new lines of business in key and acquisition accounts. Conducting monthly team meetings
- To ensure that all internal procedures are kept updated and comply with the required standards.
- To have an excellent working relationship with all relevant SCC functions including but not limited to Credit Control, Warehouse, Operations, and Enterprise.Assisting the IAM’s to Manage all customer project and bonded requirements
- Building and maintaining Supplier relationships and ensuring that your teams understand the commercial offerings of their products.
- Ensuring the team are conversant in the preparation of quotations, including the technical specification and obtaining the best pricing available.
- To pro-actively sell additional products and services.Ensuring that we are achieving and exceeding the required ‘service level’ and therefore the customer expectations.
- Management of customer standard products, road mapping for products going ‘end of life’ and management of transition.
- Assistance with forecasting.
- Ensuring the team are maintaining product knowledge to an acceptable level and ensure that you are aware of any new releases/ updates.
- Ensure that your knowledge of SCC’s products, enterprise & and relevant service offerings are up-to-date and that these are introduced to conversations with our Customers regularly in line with their requirements.
- To carry out other ad hoc duties as required in the best interests of SCC and the customer.
- Assisting IAM’s to ensure all customers are using Lifecycle where possible, and maintain ongoing training to facilitate self-sufficiency.
- Ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction through professional engagement at all times and at all levels within the customer.
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge around the products and services offered by SCC and Arrange product/ SCC knowledge training sessions for team
- Ensure that all accounts have cover when there is holiday or sickness absence
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
The Team Leader should be I.T. literate with demonstrable experience of at least 2 years successful management of an Internal Account Management Team. Sector specific expertise will be preferable. Good interpersonal skills, experience of communicating at all levels and creating an atmospheric and high quality working environment. A professional demeanour and commitment to customer satisfaction is essential.