- Overall Job Purpose:
SCC enable people to do business by planning, supplying, integrating and managing their IT. We make IT work through partnership, knowledge and passion: trusted to run IT infrastructure services for leading business across Europe for 40 years.
As part of our exciting public cloud strategy we are seeking Solutions Archtiects that have a deep understanding of AWS and/or Azure.The core mission of this role is to help guide our customers and prospects with architectural advice and thought leadership on how to run workloads running on their chosen platform.
As a passionate cloud evangelist working as a member of the Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE), the Lead Cloud Solutions Architect will collaborate with internal teams, drive innovation and inspire customers to transform their IT landscapes and help accelerate their journey to the cloud. Focused on creating, developing, and promoting proven practices and ideas that will help streamline SCC processes and improve the quality of both internal team and customer experiences.
Main Duties of Job:
- Educate, guide and advise on architectural best practices on the public cloud (AWS or Azure)
- In collaboration with Sales and Pre-Sales Architects, drive revenue growth for both new and existing customers
- Act as technical lead for public cloud engagements
- Assit in redining and maturing SCC’s public cloud strategy
- Ensure alignment of business and technical objectives for internal and customer projects
- Provide thought leadership to internal colleagues across Sales and Service Delivery
- Enable internal teams through training and the creation of new tools and processes
- Must Have Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
The right candidate for this role will have a deep understanding of public cloud computing, including IaaS, PaaS, and servless. In addition the candidate will also some or all of the following:
- 2+ years experience with the AWS and/or Azure platforms
- 3+ years experience working in technical pre-sales or customer facing architecture
- Significant experience of architecting and implementing cloud solutions
- Experience in leading technical workshops
- Good knoweldge of relational and non-relational databases
- Understanding of DevOps practices and associated tool sets
- Undertanding and identity and access managmenet
- Commercially aware with strong client facing and vendor relationship management skills
Ideally the right candidate will also hold one or multiple accreditations associated with AWS and Azure (AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional, MS Exam 70-533, MS Exam 70-535).
- Desirable Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 platform features and capabilities
- Knowledge of ASP.NET Web API, Shell scripting, PL/SQL
- Knowledge of Python, Scala, Core Java
- Understanding of programme and project management methodologies
- Understanding of enterprise architecture frameworks and methodologies
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the IT services marketplace and the challenges facing customers
- Current holder of or ability to obtain security clearance