SCC – Specialist Computer Centres is the leading IT services organisation in Europe.
We have been established for over 40 years and have a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
Our business continues to grow creating an opportunity for an Security Officer to join our team based at our Campus in Birmingham .
Security Officer Overall Job Purpose
Having a dedicated in house security team enables us to deliver a secure working environment for all our employees and maintain the security of our Logistics/Office site functions. Duties include controlling security systems, access to buildings, general patrols, staff searches and recording incidents through written reports and statements. We are looking for an experienced Security Officer who is a team player with excellent communication skills. In return we will offer you full time permanent employment within safe and clean environment.
Your working hours will entail an average working week of 38.5 hours per week on the shift pattern of 2 days 6.30am to 6.30pm, 2 nights 6.30pm to 6.30am, followed by 4 days rest (with one hour unpaid for lunch). Again 2 days, 2 nights, followed by 4 days rest.
- Operation of CCTV system.
- Locking and unlocking buildings.
- Searching of staff and visitors as necessary.
- Supervision and control of goods in and out.
- Compiling incidents reports, accident book and fire registers.
- Patrolling internally and externally company premises.
- Front desk reception and telephone duties.
Skills, Experience, Knowledge
Previous experience and training within the security industry
Able to demonstrate a knowledge of security principles and legislation
Ability to communicate with people at all levels
Good written and spoken English
Stable background with fully checkable work history
* A uniform and training will be provided.
* A full manual driving licence is essential.
* A Disclosure Scotland will need to be obtained if successful in the role
* SC Clearance is also required for this role
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.